1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Mitsubishi dead?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Brandon McB, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Brandon McB

Brandon McB Member

My Mitsubishi 55613 won't come on. It was working fine Sunday, but when I went to turn it on Monday night to watch Heroes it wouldn't come on. The green power light (which blinks slowly when tv is off) came on when I turned on the power like always, but after a few seconds the light started to blink rapidly. It usually blinks like that if it loses power. So, I waited a few minutes for it to stop blinking. When it did, I pushed the power button again and then it started blinking fast again, but this time it didn't stop. I have tried unplugging it for a while, plugging it into a different socket, and I've pushed the reset button on the front, but that light just keeps blinking and tv won't come on. It is plugged into a Monster Cable surge protector and everything else that was plugged into it is fine. Its a RPTV and its only 3 years old. Any ideas whats wrong with it or what it might cost to fix it? Any help is appreciated.

2. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Well-Known Member

Aaron Silverman
    That's exactly what happened with my 55513 a couple of months ago. Once that happened, it would *occasionally* come on -- like once or twice a month. Turns out the DM module was fried and wouldn't boot up. $800 for a new board plus $300 and change for labor -- time for a new TV. [​IMG] [​IMG]

If you're out of warranty, then it's probably time to start shopping for a new set. My "Upgrade Time" thread tells the story of how I decided on the Toshiba 65HM167.

I bought a UPS for my new set. A surge protector won't protect it against brownouts and uneven power over time (the power quality depends on where you live). The peace of mind is definitely worth the $100 I spent on it.