What's new

Mitsubishi 92" DLP (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
What went wrong? Why was production of theses stopped. I always wanted to sample one(especially the 3D mode. I'm upset because it's one of the TV's that ABC Warehouse(1 mile from my house) actually carried, and it was dirt cheap. by the time I was interested in a big tv, it was already too late.

mits1.jpg

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
schan1269 said:
Cheap lowest common denominator LCD sets encroached on the price.
They are still readily available in the used market. Most for under $1k. Can you tell me if they were problematic, or without issues. Was the picture quality decent?

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
The image quality was good, but not real bright. Like LCD, as viewing angle increases, the image deteriorates. And the bulb needs to be replaced periodically.Have you thought about a front projector? You can buy a new 1080p for $800, such as the Benq W1070. Highly rated and very popular.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Jim Mcc said:
The image quality was good, but not real bright. Like LCD, as viewing angle increases, the image deteriorates. And the bulb needs to be replaced periodically.Have you thought about a front projector? You can buy a new 1080p for $800, such as the Benq W1070. Highly rated and very popular.
Very much so, however I have had to put my Home theater on hold until I get a house with a better basement setup. A big screen tv in the living room would just be a "quick fix".

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
It would be worth your while to check rental places (Aaron's/RAC) to see if they have anything lingering.Mits made "C" models for rent that corresponded with the 2nd model up in the line-up.

Brian Dye

Auditioning
My step-dad, uncle and a few friends parents (years back) bought DLP TV's (Most being 65" or bigger) and they all never appealed to me.

They take a good while to turn on/off, the picture quality just wasnt all there to me, it seemed very dark, and 2 of them ended up getting funky color waves burned into the screen, and my step dad had to replace his bulb multiple times in a short period (Only a couple years, went through 2 or 3 bulbs) and only watched maybe one movie a night on it.

Is there something special about these besides the big sizes/low prices?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks