What's new

Mits 2004 65" or Sammy 61" DLP (1 Viewer)

HO NGUYEN

Agent
Need help deciding between the upcoming 9" crt Diamond Mits 65" or the HLN61 Sammy. I'm only going to be using dvd and my current RCA DTC-100 sat box. I will be upgrading the dvd with either the one with DVI outputs or a htpc with dvi. I guess I need to know which would be better for picture and future proof. I think the two will be comparable in price.

Hugo

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,
I don't know about the HLN61 Sammy, but the mitsu is not coming out to sale in about 2-3 months. If you're not in a hurry, you should wait to see picture of this baby. With it's new 9" CRT it looks awsome!!! The price should be around the 5000-6000.

Agustin

Agent
Hi Hugo im from Guadalajara, do you know where can i find Calibration disc for home theater here in mexico?

Rich:Fi

Agent
I considered the same choices and went with the Samsung HLN617W. I couldn't be any happier with my choice after having had it in my home for a couple of weeks!

Mike I.

Auditioning
I'd recommend you look at the Sammy HLN61 over the Mits for many reasons. It's light, slim, has perfect geometry, no burn in, absolutely fantastic HD, and has the most versitile input jacks in the HDTV scene. I have the 50" version which I'm using it as a HDTV and one HUGE computer monitor. ;)

James Stierman

Stunt Coordinator
Definately go for the DLP. Wider viewing angle, more versatile connections (and more of them), slimer, lighter less glare and has XGA capability.

Ho_Nguyen

Auditioning
I went out and looked at every hi-end and chain electronics store yesterday and discovered the Sony 60" lcd television. I think I found the one. The Sammy looked great but it had a flicker issue with some of the scenes I was watching. The sony looked just as good if not better without any flicker issues. Now I have to see what the new GWIII will offer before I buy. Anyone have any info about the 3rd gen LCD's from Sony?

Jarvis_R

Agent
I'm new to the forum, so I hope I'm not asking a repeat question.
I'm trying to decide between the 50 DLP or 50 Sony LCD. I play a lot of video games, so I'm concerned that the rear projectors cause burn in. Another remote possibility is the Panasonic LCD. I've seen a lot of positive comments regarding the DLP, but I haven't seen very much insight regarding the LCD's.
Any pros/cons for either models would be greatly appreciated.
I'm mostly concerned with reliability and picture quality.
Thanks in advance.

Don Petsche

Agent
No burn in worry for DLP. As far as which is better, I choose DLP, but I do think it is a personal choice. Try to demo the sets next to each other if you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks