What's new

Mister Sterling (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
A show set in the same universe as the West Wing but with no overlapping characters, 'Mr. Sterling' is what you'd get if Frank Capra were making political dramas today. And while it's completely unrealistic, I don't think it's a bad thing. I enjoyed the hell out of it to tell you the truth. And the whole bit with him being Independent was refreshing... West Wing turned me off because of it's Democrat-dominant stance.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
Well, unlike you I love the West Wing but agree an independant is refreshing for a change. I throughly enjoyed the show. There were also some fairly heavy-hitters in the second level support cast. Harris Yulin is one of my favorite character actors.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
The guy that created this show was involved with The West Wing for the first two seasons. I suppose some cross-over stunt might be possible in the future. Did they show the President? (I missed the first half.)

As for him being an independent, that's a way for him to get power and is reflective of a (common?) disdain for party politics, but from what he said, this guy is no conservative.

//Ken

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Went to the NBC site for the show and found this message:
An upcoming episode has not yet been scheduled. Please check back later.
What's that about?

Don Black

Screenwriter
I think the season is over. They should make Portia De Rossi a permanent fixture though. This show and Ed will make a great Friday night.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
They've shown all the episodes they made (six I think). It might return this Fall at the earliest, but it sounds like it is unlikely to be renewed. I really liked it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks