What's new

Mistaken identity: Bill Pullman vs. Bill Paxton (1 Viewer)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
The Paxton, Pullman mistake is a long running joke....I just didn't realize it happened in real life as well. :D

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
Man, I used to screw up Brian Dennehy and Charles Durning. I remember an old Letterman joke about that and I felt vindicated for not being the only one at the time.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
People mix the two up all the time. Both have mentioned the problem in interviews and on talk shows. Then there's the whole Keith David/David Keith connundrum. :)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
It even happens with couples. Meg Ryan used to tell a story about being in some gas station/quick mart in the midwest while on vacation with then-husband Dennis Quaid. She could hear a woman and man in the next aisle whispering back and forth: "That's them", "No it isn't". "Well I'm going to go over and ask them", "Don't you dare" So Meg is surreptiously fixing her hair by her reflection in the freezer case and trying to think of something gracious to say when the couple comes over when she hears the woman say, "I'm telling you, that's Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell!"

:D

Joe

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Conan always mentions the Dillon McDermot/Dermot Mullroney fiasco. Dunno if they look alike, but their names sound the same.
htf_images_smilies_chatter.gif

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Thought I was reading The Onion, that was pretty funny!
I get Christopher Meloni and Elias Koteas confused, but I'm not tracking their movements. :)

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
About Dateline Hollywood

Dateline Hollywood was founded in 360 BC as "Gladiators Weekly" to cover the booming entertainment industry in the coliseums of ancient Rome. Its pioneering analysis of the statistics of lion mauls and emperor thumbs up/down made it the original publication to take the business of entertainment seriously. Its premiere edition included "The Ten Gladiators to Watch" and an analytic feature, "Deaths by Daggers Down LXVIII Percent."

Over the years, the publication now known as Dateline Hollywood covered a number of different amusing industries as the times changed, transforming from "Inside Slave Trade," to "Bubonic Plague Infestation Monthly" (later quarterly, yearly, and eventually publishing just once per century) to "What's Hot in Renaissance Art," "Miracle Play Today!" and, following a move to the young United States in the early 19th century, "Minstrel Show Monthly," "The Ragtime Gazette," and, following the editors' realization in 1973 that ragtime's time had passed, its current incarnation.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

There's an actor named John Bolger (sometimes credited as John Michael Bolger) who appeared in a first season episode of NYPD Blue that I mistook for Christopher Meloni the first time I saw him. (Meloni himself did a 5 episode arc in the show's 4th season, which confused a few people. :))

Regards,

Joe

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I was telling my coworker about this thread when she mentioned....

San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsome

Bill Pullman

Users who are viewing this thread