What's new

Mission: Impossible DVD (1 Viewer)

Darren Haycock

Second Unit
Hey guys,
I've searched the site and looked for reviews all over the place but still haven't found an answer to my question. Can someone confirm to me that Mission: Impossible (the first one) is/is NOT Anamorphic? Thanks guys...

Mikko-Ville

Stunt Coordinator
Yep, the R1 version is not anamorphic. Better get R2 version which is anamorphic if your player can handle multiregion and pal.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
I'd recommend going with the non-anamorphic R1 release, myself. The picture isn't that great, but then neither is the anamporphic PAL one, and the sound just sounds all stuffed up to me on the PAL release.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
My guess we'll see a SE soon with dts like the Jack Ryan SE that are arriving in May. MI was one of Paramount's early dvd releases. The 5.1 dvd track is rather weak compared to the 5.1 mix on the LD. Here's hoping for a terrific video and audio presentation on the next dvd issue :emoji_thumbsup:

Darren Haycock

Second Unit
Thanks guys. Hmm, I think I'll just wait for a better version like I did for Prince of Thieves. Thanks again for the quick responses...

Rob T

Screenwriter
My guess we'll see a SE soon with dts like the Jack Ryan SE that are arriving in May. MI was one of Paramount's early dvd releases. The 5.1 dvd track is rather weak compared to the 5.1 mix on the LD. Here's hoping for a terrific video and audio presentation on the next dvd issue
They'll probably wait till MI3 comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks