1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE '88 !!

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by bretmaverick2, Sep 12, 2011.

1. bretmaverick2

bretmaverick2 Well-Known Member

Tom Hunter
    I apologize if its been posted elsewhere but I just read that MI - the series from 1988 is being released in November!!! I liked this show just as much as the original!!! It had Jim Phelps (the real thing, not that phony movie Jim Phelps) and other ties to to the original series!!! Glad to get this in time for the holidays!!

2. cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly Well-Known Member

Willard
    I got the news as well. Never saw the 80s version, but plan to get it as I really liked Jim Phelps.

3. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Well-Known Member

Great news! If you liked the original and Peter Graves in that role, you'll like this release.

4. JamesSmith

JamesSmith Well-Known Member

I have a friend who enjoys the eighties version rather than the original. He'll be ecsatic over the news. James

5. Harry-N

Harry-N Well-Known Member

Harry N.
    I always thought this had a 50-50 shot of being released, and am happy that they're going ahead with it. I'd be a little more comfortable about it had this been an entire series release as I didn't get to see many of the second season shows. As I recall it was on at a time when another favorite show aired (maybe two!) and taping the episodes was a messy proposition.

I liked the technological updates in this show with digital delivery of the Secretary's messages, was happy that they kept the theme and updated it nicely, and that Peter Graves was again leading the team.

Harry

6. Bill Thomann

Bill Thomann Well-Known Member

Up for preorder at Amazon is the 89 tv season. Release date is February 28, 2012. I shall finally own every episode from both the CBS original series & the ABC reboot.

7. kingfish

kingfish Well-Known Member

i never realized that jane badler was on the show. antony hamilton who replace jon erik hexum [hexum accidentally killed himself with a prop pistol] on cover-up was also in the reboot.

8. bretmaverick2

bretmaverick2 Well-Known Member

Tom Hunter
    I will be picking up both these seasons! M:I (the tv series, not those sucky Cruise movies) has long been a favorite. I really enjoyed this revival when it first aired and am looking forward to putting it up on the shelf alongside my sets of the original series!!