What's new

Missing Warners Titles (1 Viewer)

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Paul Muni! And that is a gangsters collection beyond my wildest dreams; I had an inkling about the rest, but The Petrified Forest (for it must be that) is the cherry on top of the cake.

From my own personal favourites, "Night Moves" is the main contender - wonderful film and now is the time to get a decent SE done while Mr Penn and Mr Hackman are still very much with us.

I'd also like to see Minnelli's "Some Came Running" and "Two Weeks In Another Town" - rather baffled that the latter wasn't released at the same time as "Bad And The Beautiful" - and his utterly ludicrous but still rather entertaining "The Sandpiper", if only for the stunning Scope cinematography and the score.

What about a Delmer Daves Signature Collection?!!!

'A Summer Place', 'Parrish', Rome Adventure, 'Battle of the Villa Fiorita' and the guiltiest pleasure of all....."SUSAN SLADE"

This would have to be a popular seller.Come on Mr Feltenstein, you know you love 'em?

Moises

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Moisés Chiullan
I finally registered after a loooong time lurking just so I could reply on this topic. Here's my question:

Where's Easter Parade? And for that matter, a bunch of other older musicals that star major names like Astaire and Garland?

There's a healthy market for them too! With sets like the Scorsese Collection and Hitchcock boxes finally doing decent jobs of collecting titles people really will pick up boxes for, why not capitalize on people wanting a set of Astaire flicks, or Gene Kelly? It's not even just what I want, these things will make money loooong term.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
A Summer Place would be a definite purchase for me.
seems like it should be a very popular catalog title.

one title i'm still eagerly awaiting is Libled Lady.
it was mentioned back in the '03 chat as coming in '04 and its still not on the radar as i can see.

may be that it is being held back for part of an inevitable Jean Harlow promotion (we need Red Dust too).
speaking of Red Dust, wasn't Mogambo supposed to be out this year too?

and one of my most anticipated...Over The Edge.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Moises- obviously you haven't been here long. Easter Parade is coming out as a 2-disc SE in 2005 and will feature the recent PBS Judy Garland documentary. Check out Robert Harris' recent talk with George Feltenstein of Warner Home Video- it's on this forum!

Porter- Include me among the fans of those soapy Delmer Daves classics- especially A Summer Place! I'd wouldn't mind seeing on DVD the B/W WB trash clasics from the 60s Claudelle Inglish and Youngblood Hawke! And let's not forget that color travelogue Rome Adventure with Troy Donahue, Suzanne Pleshette, and the sizzling Angie Dickinson!

Moises

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Moisés Chiullan
Charles- Oh thank goodness. I've been trying to keep up over the last year, lurking and whatnot, but I miss stuff. My girlfriend will be overjoyed when I tell her. Thanks for the guidance!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks