What's new

Missing Musicals update (1 Viewer)

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe

I would expect a 1948 musical based on an 1894 play, made into a movie in 1952 to be "dated". That's the GOOD news -- that's why I want to see it. Eventually, everything ends up "dated," and to me it's irrelevant.

Greg_M

Screenwriter
But Where's Charley isn't dated in a good way. The camera is static and the film was hard to get throught (And I can sit through "Lost Horizon" without a problem) Was this film ever popular? But that's just my taste - I'm sure some people who saw it liked it.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I recorded AT LONG LAST LOVE off the Fox Movie Channel some time ago and watch it occasionally. Yes, everyone sings "live," but not everyone is a good singer, and that's a problem. Songs were prerecorded for a reason for all those years; the rough stretches of singing throughout the movie ruin what could have been some really good numbers.

I'll give Peter credit. He did use ALL the verses of the Cole Porter songs. Most movies in the past would cut a verse or two, but he managed to fit in everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks