What's new

Miss Guided - season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Judy Greer's new show, "Miss Guided", get a nice lead-in by "Dancing with the Stars" tonight at 10:30 p.m. EDT on ABC

From the previews, it appears that Judy plays a high school guidance counselor, and the typical hijinks ensue. I'm a fan of Judy's, so I'll be watching.

The regular timeslot is Thursday in the 8 p.m. EDT timeslot (I'm not sure if they are planning on showing 2 half-hour episode of Miss Guided, or if another half-hour show will share the 8 o'clock hour timeslot this week.

Say goodbye to the Lost repeat episodes in that 8 p.m. timeslot.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I liked it for a set-up episode. Luke's daughter (from Gilmore Girls) was the girl wearing the same outfit at the dance as Becky was. I could get used to a weekly dose of Judy.

I liked the tone of show so far. Those flashbacks to high school can be a real trip.

What was really weird was that Kristoffer Polaha (newly anointed Spanish teacher Tim), and Brooke Burns (new English teacher and Becky's nemesis Lisa) were both on North Shore playing ex-flames.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Patrick - I think that this show is supposed to pair up with See Jayne Run for the 8 - 9 PM timeslots.

Should make for an interesting hour.

Glenn

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I haven't been overly impressed with this show yet. I may give it another week or so.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter

Same here. I like Judy Greer and the premise of the show, but so far, it's been more of a miss than a hit to me.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I just want to see the high school where Judy is the fortieth most hittable faculty member. :) I'd actually like to see a high school where the hittable list even got to 18. :D

Regards,

Joe

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David

No kidding. At my high school, the list would've often been one or two long depending on the year. And to look back without the cloud of time over the mental image, well...

As far as the show, it may have to grow on me. I like it better after the third episode than I did after the first.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I'm really disappointed in this show. If it weren't for Judy Greer, I would never have made it past the pilot.

My biggest issue with the show is that it isn't smart enough. I like Chris Parnell, but the rest of the cast just sits there. Either they aren't doing enough with the material or they aren't getting good enough material. If I want to spend 22 minutes smiling occasionally, I could watch The New Adventures of Old Christine. I don't watch that show because it doesn't make me laugh either.

Just because of Judy Greer, I give it one or two more chances. BTW, I'd rather have the smart and funny Judy Greer than the desperate mess she plays on this show. It makes the whole tone of the show rather pathetic.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
After ten or fifteen minutes, it had far exceeded my threshold for awkwardness based humor so I quit watching. I just can't stomach it. Ah well, it seemed like a fun idea.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Both episodes tonight gave me the giggles at times, something I seldom do, but some of the material just kinda sneaks up on you, and you can't help it.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I thought that last night's two episodes were the best so far. Some very funny stuff.

Maybe it had something to do with the fact both were from the director of HEATHERS.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I had almost forgotten about this show. I had to go back to previous postings to remember about this show. I don't believe it is on the fall schedule, but I'm not sure if there is any chance as a mid-season replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks