What's new

Miramax is releasingTrainspotting and others: CE - June 1st (1 Viewer)

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
All right, I am all over Trainspotting and Flirting With Disaster, which is one of the funniest films I have ever seen.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
isn't the current DVD of Flirting w/ disaster have that edited ending during the credits???

will it be restored?

DeanWalsh

Second Unit
Something of note about the current r2/r4 'Definitive Edition', this release carries a full bitrate DTS track... pretty rare for a PAL release, especially a recent one.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Great News. I've been waiting on Trainspotting for a while.

I think it's time I give Copland another try. I saw it when I was younger, and remember it being very very very slow.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
Now only if Dimension could make a CE of Equilibrium (and use the cool package design of the R3 DVD from Korea).

Be Seeing You,
David Blackwell

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
So nice to see Miramax is doing Flirting with Disaster right this time, as it's one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. David O. Russell needs to make more films, seriously.:)

It's been ages since I've seen Trainspotting or Cop Land, but I remember both as excellent, so I'll undoubtedly pick them up as well.

(BTW, can a mod put Cop Land and FWD in the title, since this is not purely a discussion about Trainspotting?)

DannyS

Second Unit
ergh! what a terrible cover! time to head to dvd cover art! :)

The original one sheet is a design classic!!

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Just hoping this has the same SE features from the Criterion LD so I can retire it (and Flirting With Disaster). Specs, anyone?

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
I too have the current uncut R1 release. I hope they use the same cut on the new DVD.

It will be nice to have an anamorphic transfer and possibly DTS...this film has one of the best soundtracks ever!

Niko Nykanen

Stunt Coordinator
Oh my god the cover looks horrible!
Can´t the just "borrow" the cover from R2UK? That one looks delicious!

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
I really don't see how the cover is all that different at all, actually. I mean, it's a SLIGHTLY different interpretation of the original poster art. I don't think it's different enough to make it "Awful" or whatever.

Hell, I'd prefer the cover-art to be from the poster that's nothing but the title of the movie and the text from Renton's movie-opening monologue :)

But this is just fine.

DannyS

Second Unit
I think the UK fans are quite "possesive" of this movie. It means a lot to us. So that's why I have spoken out against the "colourisation" of the art. The Original poster was EVERYWHERE when I was in college (95-98) every student house, every bookstore, every cinema , bus stop,billboard carried the monochrome line of figures and the orange stripe. It's embedded into everyones minds in the UK. Heck, the criterion laserdsic cover is great effort too.. but not the same. Trainspotting is an ensemble piece. The only reason Kevin Mckidd (Tommy) isn't on the line up, is because he went on holiday on the day of the photo shoot.

I know it was marketed differently in the US..so I suppose my argument is invalid. Sorry to kick up a fuss. :)

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member

I wouldn't say that at all. If I only saw the grey and orange poster all the time for about a decade straight, I might think garish pastels and a thick black border looked stupid too

it's not a GREAT cover, but it aint' awful. But like I said, I'll probably just photoshop up a cover of the poster with the "Choose Life" speech on it ;)

Frank@N

Screenwriter
You might have seen this reported over at DB...

Titles: Copland, Flirting with Disaster, and Trainspotting.

Wish I had a bit more heads up on this, as I recently bought 'Copland' at CC for $7 and 'Flirting' at Kmart for $6.

Since this is Wave 1, wondering what other LBX titles from Miramax I *should* have passed on...Goodwill Hunting come to mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks