What's new

"Mirage MX 5.1" or "Denon DHT1513BA 5.1-channel" home theater system (1 Viewer)

holzw1sr

Auditioning
Real Name
Shane
Hello all, Im new to the home theater scene. I was wondering what you all would suggest for a good surround sound system. Im looking for best system for the value. Between two systems, which would you chose? and why? Need answers STAT please, need to pick one or the other by friday! Thanks guys. The two systems im choosing between are: "Mirage MX 5.1" or "Denon DHT1513BA 5.1-channel" home theater system Also, im thinking about using the "Rocketfish Universal Wireless Rear Speaker Kit" Thanks, Shane

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I would give a "slight" edge to the Mirage, but both are tiny sets of speakers. You do realize where the 4/5 are supposed to go(to the sides of the listening area...not behind it) that a "wireless kit"... 1. Will end up with "more wire" than just running off the AVR. (Assuming this is a 14x14 or smaller room...because the speakers are tiny) 2. Produces "noise" when the surrounds aren't actually being used(going to put the wireless amp where you can reach it to turn it off?) 3. Don't use your microwave while the Rocketfish is on. 4. Don't answer your cell phone while the Rocketfish is on. 5. Don't use Bluetooth to the home theatre while the Rocketfish is on. 6. Make sure your home cordless isn't 2.4. 7. If you have a baby monitor(or your neighbors) don't have one on 2.4. 8. Make sure nobody around you has wireless security cameras on 2.4. 9. Make sure your wifi isn't 2.4.

holzw1sr

Auditioning
Real Name
Shane
Thanks for the Advice! Ill take that as a bad investment. I have decided to go with Mirage but was wondering, if i should go with the Nanostat or the MX. Also, is there a AVR that you would recommend for this set up in the price range between $200-400? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks