1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Mirage BPSS-210 Sub. How can I find its power consumption rating?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Panayotis Melas, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Panayotis Melas

Good day to all

I own this sub for a long time and it works flawlessly. At this period, I am renovating my HT space completely and - among other jobs - the renovation work requires the replacement of the power cables to new, thicker/stronger ones. In this effort, I am selecting information for all the devices (not only the AV equipment, but all, like lighting, A/C, etc.), especially for the power-hungry ones, like amplifiers, to determine what the main cable gauge requirements are. So far, I have this for almost all my equipment, but I am missing my Mirage subwoofer one. The only information I have is the one described in the manual, which gives the type of the embodied amplifier and its power output rating, but it does not mention anything about the power consumption. Here is what I have:

Amplifier: Discrete Class A/B current mode

Protection: Two thermal protection circuits - Smart Overload adaptive protection

Power Output: 250 WRMS, 500 W peak

Distortion: Less than 0.08% at 250 W

Drivers: Two LF drivers 10" ea, with 1" Linear Travel peak to peak

Enclosure: Dual sealed, bipolar design

Servo system: Acceleration type, High Gain 3Hz to 300Hz.

Can someone predict what is its power consumption, even approximately?

Thanks

-