What's new

Miracles DVD definitely coming!.... (1 Viewer)

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
I received my response email from Shout Factory today and can confirm that they are releasing 4x3 versions of the episodes. I also got a pep talk from the PR employee to buy the disks anyway since the episodes look "GREAT" even though they are cropped. It looks like we are stuck with this situation unless we can get loads of people to contact Shout Factory politely stating their displeasure.

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
I sent them an email about it..I don't want to watch it stretched considering that WS HD masters exist :frowning:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

You won't have a choice anyway, because Shout has no choice. I will post news at TVShowsOnDVD in a bit which explains my statement; let me go write it up first (and that's after organizing my other news items for the morning).

todd s

Senior HTF Member
To everyone who is not sure about getting this show (Not because of it being 4x3). This show was very good. And the unaired episodes only showed that the series got much better. Some of the episodes reminded me of the better X-File episodes. When I finally saw the unaired episodes I remember being so angry that the show was cancelled before it had a chance to find its audience.

Thanks David for the wonderful article! I'll be updating MHQ with that information! Now, just to be absolutely sure, is it for certain that Miracles will NOT be released on DVD in the wonderful widescreen format that we saw on ABC? I'm not too knowledgeable about various formats for shows/movies, so... I don't know if I fully understood everything. The DVDs will be in 4x3 format, right? Sorry for all the questions... =P

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The DVDs will NOT be in widescreen. As I said, the folks at Disney/Buena Vista did not make widescreen versions of the masters available to Shout! Factory at all. The DVDs will indeed by 4x3, not in 16x9.

No apologies needed! :p)

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
David, I just read the article.

Now they have 5.1 on the 4:3 transfers?? that's just ridiculous..The HDTV versions on ABC were all 16:9 with 5.1.

If Buena Vista can provide 5.1 audio, then why not HD video?

Unless there is a HD-DVD rerelease planned for later this year or early next year, I see absolutely no point in holding off the WS transfers

What a bunch of knuckleheads.

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
anyone get their set yet??

I don't want to order online, but would like to know if any retail stores are selling it cheap..

I ordered mine through Amazon.com and it has been in a nearby city since 7am this morning. If it doesn't come tonight, I will be VERY angry. I could just go and pick it up if they'd just let me know... Stupid.

Brad Grenz

Second Unit
I couldn't find this anywhere today. Went to Best Buy, Circuit City and Walmart and none of them had gotten it in. Best Buy was at least expecting delivery, but the other two weren't. I was driving around for an hour and a half after work and came up empty. Now I have to order it online!

That's annoying. I've heard other people having problems actually finding a store that has the DVDs stocked. I think your best bet would to get it from Amazon, though. You can get it for cheaper if you order it with the regular speed shipping. Of course, I am too impatient, so I had to have the faster shipping. ^^;; Hope you're able to find or get it soon, though!!

Oh and here's a nice e-card made by Shout! Factory to pass along to your friends. It has a good amount of info about the DVDs:
http://216.193.219.189/shout/mir/mai.../miracles.html

Brad Grenz

Second Unit
Good deal. I already ordered from Amazon. $34.99 isn't bad considering Best Buy has the price at $43.99!

John Carr

Stunt Coordinator
I stopped by Best Buy last night to buy a copy of Miracles. Nada! I talked to one a sales lady; she checked the store computer and said they wouldn't have it until April 26th -- Yikes!

What's that all about? The price she quoted me was $44.99! I told her sorry, but I'd save 10 bucks and buy it off Amazon... And I'll still get it faster, too.

I also saw Twilight Zone Definitive Ed. II priced at $103.99! That's $4.00 over the MSRP! I also noticed that in general prices were higher than they were say 2 months ago. I mentioned that and her reply was "we're getting a lot of complaints."

Anybody know what's going on at Best Buy?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks