1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Miracles and Veritas:The Quest.....

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by todd s, May 21, 2003.

1. todd s

todd s Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if ABC plans on airing the rest of the episodes for these shows that were filmed?? Each of the shows had 7 episodes that were not shown.

Thanks!

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Well-Known Member

Robert
    I'm hoping HD Net picks the re-runs up since they were both being done in high def. I've seen a few episodes of Wolf Lake on HD Net and it looked great.

-Robert

3. Douglas*A*R

Douglas*A*R Well-Known Member

Since they were on ABC, wouldn't they be in 720p? HDnet does 1080i. I'm not sure what technical hurdles there'd be to get the series' in 1080.

4. Michael Sliger

Michael Sliger Well-Known Member

As far as Miracles goes, it seems unlikely that ABC will finish airing the series. The ratings for the last few episodes were poor enough that it will be hard to convince advertisers to support the show for reasonable ad prices. They will probably hold back and see if another network will pay for the remaining episodes before their rights expire (which will give them a little financial kickback). Rumors claim that The Sci-Fi Channel has seriously looked into doing this, but I expect they would wait until ABC's rights had expired.

5. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Well-Known Member

Well, it shouldn't be too hard in theory - Miracles is produced by Touchstone TV, which (like ABC) is a Buena Vista brand. So if Touchstone were to cut a deal with Sci-Fi, they could potentially arrange the rights being bought out without much trouble.

But, then again, who knows what will actually happen. Strange World went a long time between ending on ABC and appearing on Sci-Fi.

6. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Well-Known Member

Booo to ABC for dumping this show.
    Guess we'll be seeing lots of more reality shows next year.

7. Norm

Norm Well-Known Member

Norm
    They never seem to give shows like this a chance.