What's new

Minimized title change in WinXP.. (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Is there a way to change the title displayed in a Minimized application in the taskbar? If I am running say TextPad (a nice text editor), it displays the first X characters in the path, which on a networked shared resource can be quite long, therefore it has no chance in hell in displaying anything useful. Is there a way to change that to display the last X characters and not the first X characters. X obviously changes based on the number of applications running.

I believe, from a programming standpoint, it has to be done applicationwise but just wondering if there are any OS dependent options I can set, just in case. I did not find anything in any properties tab to do that.

Jay

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Yeah, I guess I could, but would like all my applications to do it, Word, WordPerfect, Excel, Powerpoint... Anybody know if they support this?

Jay

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Ack, that "Full Path name" option only affects the document Tab thing (like firefox, you can open documents in new tabs or new windows) and it doesn't affect the minimized application in the Windows Taskbar unfortunately.

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks