What's new

Mini Monitors vs Monitor 5 (1 Viewer)

John*DII

Auditioning
Real Name
John
I am thinking about buying a one of these 2 speakers for the surrounds to compliment my 11s. Just wanted to know if anyone has some opinions.

Thanks

Gary TP

Stunt Coordinator
I went with the mini's over the 5's to complement my 11s. I made the right decision.

The mini's keep up with the 11s for surround duty and then some. If I'd gone with the 5s i'd probably just be regretful of the fact that I now have those huge tall rears that probably won't add much to the surround environnment.

Just my 2 cents but mini's tear it up nicely...

As mentioned in the above thread...an SPL meter is a MUST - those mini's/5's/7's/whatever as surrounds will need some tweaking to match the great output of the 11s...made a huge difference in my setup

Jon Duke

Stunt Coordinator
I've also heard the Mini's (being the Swiss Army knife of Paradigm's line) work well with the Studio series.

Maybe others can verify this, as I have not heard this first hand, but should you choose to upgrade your fronts, it won't create the need to change your rears.

Again though, I haven't heard this myself.. But, it's always nice to be forward thinking in your present purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks