What's new

Mill Creek's Married... With Children rereleases, now with Love and Marriage theme song (1 Viewer)

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i have heard of xena, but did not know anything about it.

her real name is lucy lawless ?

her pics do not look too much like sally.

uVSthem

Agent
Real Name
uVSthem
Besides the opening theme song, does anyone know the the episodes have any other music that was changed on the original DVD releases? If so, will these changes stay on the Mil Creek releases?

Real Name
Andrew
The season 5 episode "Oldies But Young'uns" originally had the song "Anna (Go To Him)" by Arthur Alexander playing over the end credits. On the Sony DVD, the song was replaced with the generic faux theme music that replaced "Love & Marriage". I don't know if the song is back on the Mill Creek release, as I can't find in-depth reviews in the usual sources (Amazon, SitcomsOnline).

Also, the Sony DVD's post-season 3 edited the end credits to remove the "Love & Marriage" credit. That's going to be a problem with the Season 7/8 DVD that comes out on Jan. 6, because those seasons have some episodes with bonus scenes that run during the end credits, and Sony replaced the moving scenes with still frames just to excise "Love & Marriage" from the closing credits (while retaining the audio of the scene).
uVSthem said:
Besides the opening theme song, does anyone know the the episodes have any other music that was changed on the original DVD releases? If so, will these changes stay on the Mil Creek releases?

Real Name
Andrew
This Amazon review confirms what I suspected: Mill Creek simply re-used the Sony DVD versions with "Love and Marriage" restored in opening/closing credits, failing to account for certain episodes that had bonus scenes during closing credits. The "Oldies But Young'uns" episode still omitted "Anna (Go To Him)" from the closing credits. I think the rights to the song were prohibitively expensive for Mill Creek. Also, the closing credits on the episodes don't include the credit to Van Heusen and Cahn for composing "Love and Marriage".

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I can't remember exactly what is was but wasn't there a song within one of the early episodes which was replaced?
I'm thinking of picking up the Mill Creek complete series since its so cheap. Would there be anything that it doesn't have (bonus material, etc.) which I would need to save any of the Sony sets for?

Sa5150

Second Unit
Real Name
steve
Was hoping someone could tell me if it's worth trying to get the Sony releases of season 5-11 or if there is any chance they do something for the 35th anniversary of the show next year ? I have season 1 and 2 from Sony and Millcreek for 3-8 & 10 , I'm missing 9 and the final 11 . I guess 3,4 are musts from mIllcreek which I have because I read they were the most edited of the Sony's .
I prefer uncut but picture quality is most important to me. And a hard pass on the crappy box sets that millcreek did .
There is a UK 34 disc set that is in decent packaging I have seen for about $60 , Is this possibly the best way to own all ? Shipping is a lot , Makes it $80 .
I would take a upconverted slim bluray set of uncut and restored episodes but fat chance that ever happening , Kinda what Japan did for Full House but it's too expensive .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks