What's new

Mill Creek release of Ozzie and Harriett (1 Viewer)

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
At their web site, Mill Creek is now showing a street date of August 28th for the general release of the 100 episode set "The Essential Ozzie & Harriet Collection." Currently, this is a QVC exclusive and I fully expect that DeepDiscount and others will have better pricing on this set.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
DeepDiscount's price will probably be the same as their other Mill Creek multi show/movie packs, around $16.50, less if you wait for the Nov 20% off sale, or DD's next stand alone Mill Creek sale.

I could not wait and ordered the 100 episode set, from QVC, which I've watched and greatly enjoyed.

Since Mill Creek originally said October, for general release of The Essential Ozzie and Harriet, I wonder if the release was pushed up by popular demand?

By the way, the season 10 episode, "Flying Down To Lunch" listed on the box and Disc 12 is not actually on the set. It was replaced by an episode from season 8 called: "The T-Shirts". "Flying Down To Lunch" features credited music by Herb Alpert. I wonder if Mill Creek was concerned about music rights on this episode? "Flying Down To Lunch", with Herb Alpert's music, is on Ozzie and Harriet Vol 3 of the Critic's Choice release and Disc One of the Platinum release.

In addition to the 100ep Mill Creek set ,I have the three Vols from Critic's Choice (12eps), four Vols from Platinum (40eps), the Shout set (24eps), and four episodes on a dollar DVD from a company called Treasure Box Collection. There is a lot of duplication, but this grouping gives me 137 different Ozzie and Harriet episodes.

Both the Mill Creek 100 ep set and the dollar DVD from Treasure Box use the same two photos on the packaging. Oddly, one picture shows Jimmy Hawkins,instead of David, sitting with Ozzie, Harriet ,and Rick, at the Nelson dining room table. (Rick is blocked by Harriet's head on the Mill Creek Box. I think the dining room photo is from the episode: "Rick and the Maid Of Honor".

Esten

Supporting Actor
Is the 100 episode set listed on DDD? I can only find the one that's 100 episodes of this and other shows.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

Very strange . . . DeepDiscount only appears to be carrying Mill Creek's 38 episode version. The 100 episode version, "The Essential Ozzie & Harriet Collection" is definitely not showing. You might want to send DD an e-mail inquiry regarding this.

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
Well, it's time to haul this set out again for a retrospective--sadly, David Nelson has passed away--the last surviving member of the 4. It's a shame that he never lived to see season sets issued of this wonderful series, where he might have been able to provide insight and commentaries on the shows. At least we have the Mill Creek (and Shout!) releases to tide us over.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/41032136

Jack Cleveland

Second Unit
Very sad that David has passed away- With him goes the connection to a show that is very much a classic. It's the true end of an era. I know that Ozzie, Harriet, and Ricky were waiting at the front door for him. He's home.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks