What's new

Mike Oldfield Tubular Bells 2003 (1 Viewer)

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I just got this in from Amazon.uk today.

Ok, first off, it's copy protected. :angry: :angry: :angry: I'm sitting here at work and I have to use this stupid CD player that comes on the CD. I hate these. I hate copy protection. So what do I do? Pop it in my Mac here at work. No more copy protection :D. Now I can put the CD in my iPod (like I should be able to, dammit!).

EDIT: Turns out I was wrong. After ripping the CD to my iPod, I found that there are these annoying pops in the audio. Dammit, dammit, DAMMIT! I PAID for this CD!

Anyway, the CD sounds amazing. The differences between the original and this release aren't drastic in terms of how the instruments are played. The sound quality is better and I may in fact start using this CD as the one I listen to on a 2-channel system until a full 5.1 version is released. One thing that I was worried about was that the album might deviate too much from the original, and it hasn't.

I do have the DVD and although I can play it here at work, I can't play it in 5.1 so there's no use in saying anything about it.

I am a little disappointed that the liner notes are anorexic. I mean, 30 years later and he has nothing to write about?

Anyway, I'm duly impressed with this release. I eagerly await a 5.1 version.

And of course, John Cleese :).

Mike

Alan_Horner

Stunt Coordinator
To be clear:

Tubular Bells 2003 DVD-A 5.1 mix has not been released anywhere as of July 23. There are conflicting reports as to the actual release date: I've seen 08/26 listed (a possible U.S. release since it's a Tuesday) and 09/15 (a possible European release since it's a Monday).

Tubular Bells 2003 CD (Import) was released throughout most of Europe during June/July. The disc is marked as being copy protected.

Tubular Bells 2003 CD (Canadian) is not copy protected.

Tubular Bells 2003 CD (U.S.) is set for release in the United States on August 5 through Rhino Records.

Tubular Bells 2003 CD+DVD (Europe) features the video portion in PAL format. The 5.1 selections (Dolby Digital or DTS) are playable on any DVD player.

The Complete Tubular Bells is a four-disc set with the "Tubular Bells 2003," "Tubular Bells 2," "Tubular Bells 3" and the DVD disc (PAL). It is currently available only as a European import.

It was my understanding that there was a Canadian version of the CD+DVD with the video portion in NTSC format, but I don't think it's currently available.

Phew!

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Thanks ALan,
my interest is for the DVD-A only,but I haven't seen any press release for US release date yet,only the European[link from the #1 post},as you confirmed it as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks