What's new

mike hammer the complete series-stacy keach (1 Viewer)

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I first seen this show on The Mystery Channel a few years back. I thought McGavin was great in the part. The show had a nice gritty pulp feel to it . Along with some great episode titles .

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
They have the Mystery Channel remasters for all but two of the episodes so the quality should be excellent.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
If it's the McGavin show and complete it's going to be quite a big set with its 79 episodes, I've never seen any of them (and he's great as Kolchak) so I wouldn't mind actually if it is rather than Keach's. Shout!Factory might be interested in that one then, if they're now licensing from Columbia.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
While I've never seen it I would be in for a blind buy. I really enjoyed the "blind buy" of Peter Gunn (although I picked up the R2 sets over the R1 A&E). The price on Amazon of $92 retail with a $62 preorder would seem to fit a 79 episode release to me. It would probably work out to being a 10 to 12 disk set.

Statskeeper

Second Unit
Real Name
Maureen
The RTN station in my area shows the McGavin show on Sunday nights and the films look like they're in good condition. The stories are quick and you see lots of people who became famous - like Angie Dickinson in one episode!

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
Looks like it is indeed the '50s McGavin series: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004QC6HGY/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
It's a great Film Noir type series, I've seen a few eps. I'll prob wait for a price drop

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
This is great news! Sorry Toots, but I'm gonna save the next round for a special bundle of dynamite from A&E... Who says there's no hope for 50s TV shows on DVD?

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Wasn't the DVD pre-order price for this set around $65? Hoping the price comes down a bit before the 20th September release date.

Were all 78 episodes shown in syndication? On the show's EpGuides.com episode list it says some of the episodes were unaired.

EDIT: I correct myself, the DVD pre-order price has come down to $62.

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
having done some research it turns out that the mike hammer series with keach was titled "the new adventures of mike hammer." i still hope to see it on dvd someday.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks