What's new

Migration Related Feedback & Questions (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I am receiving one email for every new post in every thread that I watch. I thought I shut this off in my preferences by unchecking "replies to watched threads" in my alert preferences, but I am still receiving numerous emails every hour. Can this be shut off?
Yes. Give me a bit. It has to do with threads you were subscribed to notifications on before the conversion.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
I don't know if it's a Gmail issue or the way HTF"s email notifications are formatted (GMail claims it's HTF's fault), but the majority of my emails from HTF are still getting sent directly to the spam folder.

cleardot.gif

I think I'm going to have to create a filter to address it for now.
We're still working on it. It's just an out of date SPF record.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
What seems to be happening is a delay. I thought if I refresh the screen it would pick up the new image but that's not it. Maybe you have to wait some minutes before the new uploaded image displays.

And now I'm seeing Wonderful World of Brothers Grimm...

rayman1701

Second Unit
Real Name
Ray Miller
Nice with the bottom navigation bar at the bottom already! I do enjoy that the site loads so much faster now on my iPad, I'm using the free site with the ads. I did have an error and reload, probably from an ad, which would happen often at times with the old site, but it reloaded much faster after the error. Still annoying to have happen, but I know if it bothered me too much I could just upgrade to the premium site and not have to bother with it.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
We aren't done tuning it yet either so we are hoping to be able to get it to be a smidge faster. Speaking for only myself I have been impressed with how well it runs with the same experience on my desktop, Windows Phone, and iPad. We fixed some glitches with our home page and Firefox this morning. Still have a few other tweaks and new menu in the works too.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Another question - sorry if it was already asked and answered.

You used to be able to see member's first names . Was that a conscious decision to not show it anymore?

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Another question - sorry if it was already asked and answered.

You used to be able to see member's first names . Was that a conscious decision to not show it anymore?
No in fact we "lost" them with our last conversion a few years ago and we went back and re-imported them to have. All that information is under the Avatars on the left of the screen:

name.jpg

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
I do enjoy that the site loads so much faster now on my iPad, I'm using the free site with the ads. I did have an error and reload, probably from an ad, which would happen often at times with the old site, but it reloaded much faster after the error. Still annoying to have happen, but I know if it bothered me too much I could just upgrade to the premium site and not have to bother with it.

Wait a minute. Are you saying this new system STILL crashes and reloads on the iPad? One of the reasons I abandoned HTF for Blu-Ray.com was because I could never get HTF to format on my iPad. Pages would constantly crash and then reload. I moved over to Tapatalk, but that had its own set of quirks which can be just as annoying. I largely left HTF as a result of its incompatibility with iPads.

If you're saying now the new HTF will only consistently work properly on an iPad if you pay for a subscription, I don't see much reason to return in any substantial way. I hope that won't be the case.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Wait a minute. Are you saying this new system STILL crashes and reloads on the iPad? One of the reasons I abandoned HTF for Blu-Ray.com was because I could never get HTF to format on my iPad. Pages would constantly crash and then reload. I moved over to Tapatalk, but that had its own set of quirks which can be just as annoying. I largely left HTF as a result of its incompatibility with iPads.

If you're saying now the new HTF will only consistently work properly on an iPad if you pay for a subscription, I don't see much reason to return in any substantial way. I hope that won't be the case.

Rayman had a single hiccup while browsing on his iPad, the opposite of a consistent experience :) I would just suggest you try it for yourself. I'm sure you will find it much improved over the old site. It should format nicely on your iPad. Rayman was guessing it could be ad related, its also just as or even more likely that it was due to our still tweaking the site and servers. We did one of our biggest conversions ever just a few days ago and have been making daily tweaks to fine tune things, unfortunately those tweaks can sometimes cause momentary hiccups.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton

I would submit that our site now works better on mobile phones and tablets than any of the others. Give it a try and let us know, we are always happy to get feedback.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Is it my imagination or are there far fewer recent replies than their used to be (and weren't they called something different)? That's where I always looked first, and now the pickings are slim.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Is it my imagination or are there far fewer recent replies than their used to be (and weren't they called something different)? That's where I always looked first, and now the pickings are slim.
There's new posts in the top left - that is basically the same thing as New Content on our old platform. Your own subscribed threads are under Tools -> Watched Threads

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Rayman had a single hiccup while browsing on his iPad, the opposite of a consistent experience :) I would just suggest you try it for yourself. I'm sure you will find it much improved over the old site. It should format nicely on your iPad. Rayman was guessing it could be ad related, its also just as or even more likely that it was due to our still tweaking the site and servers. We did one of our biggest conversions ever just a few days ago and have been making daily tweaks to fine tune things, unfortunately those tweaks can sometimes cause momentary hiccups.
I would submit that our site now works better on mobile phones and tablets than any of the others. Give it a try and let us know, we are always happy to get feedback.

Thanks, Adam and Dave! I'll definitely give it a try.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
No in fact we "lost" them with our last conversion a few years ago and we went back and re-imported them to have. All that information is under the Avatars on the left of the screen:

View attachment 29141

I wasn't seeing this information in 'portrait' mode on my IPhone.

I also didn't see it on the person's Profile screen.

It is visible on the thread in 'landscape' mode.

Thanks

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
HTF has been stable and fast on my iPad over the first few days of usage. I'd describe the performance improvement over the prior platform as being substantial.

I understand that the old International sub-forum has now been removed and all its threads tagged as 'International' in the Blu-ray forum. I can live with tag navigation, but I wonder if HTF can add a convenience as follows for those of us who frequented the International sub-forum...

Would HTF admin please sticky-pin Robin9 's BLU-RAY DISCS FROM GERMANY thread in the Blu-ray forum? This would serve a couple of useful purposes:

Firstly, this very popular thread would always be readily accessible near the top of the Blu-ray forum list.

Secondly, there would be a guarantee that an 'International' tag is always available near the top of the Blu-ray forum list. Interested users would simply need to go to the Blu-ray forum and click on the International tag attached to the german thread and they'd see a filtered view containing all the International threads. So, basically a two-click step to reach these threads - the same as it was in the old forum.

N.B. IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE 3-D is currently sticky-pinned and I'm happy that it is (and I also use its International tag as a quick filter), but I imagine it'll be de-pinned some time after release; whereas Robin's german thread will no doubt remain a consistently popular HTF destination over the long-haul.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
HTF has been stable and fast on my iPad over the first few days of usage. I'd describe the performance improvement over the prior platform as being substantial.

I understand that the old International sub-forum has now been removed and all its threads tagged as 'International' in the Blu-ray forum. I can live with tag navigation, but I wonder if HTF can add a convenience as follows for those of us who frequented the International sub-forum...

Would HTF admin please sticky-pin Robin9 's BLU-RAY DISCS FROM GERMANY thread in the Blu-ray forum? This would serve a couple of useful purposes:

Firstly, this very popular thread would always be readily accessible near the top of the Blu-ray forum list.

Secondly, there would be a guarantee that an 'International' tag is always available near the top of the Blu-ray forum list. Interested users would simply need to go to the Blu-ray forum and click on the International tag attached to the german thread and they'd see a filtered view containing all the International threads. So, basically a two-click step to reach these threads - the same as it was in the old forum.

N.B. IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE 3-D is currently sticky-pinned and I'm happy that it is (and I also use its International tag as a quick filter), but I imagine it'll be de-pinned some time after release; whereas Robin's german thread will no doubt remain a consistently popular HTF destination over the long-haul.
Done.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks