What's new

Midnite Movies-Bestbuy Exclusives..which ones are you getting on Tuesday?? (1 Viewer)

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
My Best Buy had a bunch of copies of Phibes (which I already have), and Land that Time Forgot, Invasion of Star Creatures/Bee Girls and Ghost of Dragstrip Hollow/in the Invisible Bikini. And that's it. Not even the advertised Yorga disc.

Pretty disappointing push for exclusive releases. The clerk suggested that they might not all have come in, so I'll try to be patient, but this is not a good way to generate cash for MGM.:angry:

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
I was a bit disappointed to see that INVASION OF THE BEE GIRLS is an edited version, removing about 3 minutes of footage during love scenes.

Glad I held on to the old uncut VHS version from Embassy.

Still, the film looks great and INVASION OF THE STAR CREATURES is there as well, so I'll keep it.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
Well, it turns out INVASION OF THE STAR CREATURES is also edited, this time by nearly 6 minutes.

Both movies on the double featute are cut. That's annoying. I'll still keep it as the print of STAR CREATURES is far better than the old VHS TV print I have. Too bad I have to keep the old VHS tapes to see the uncut versions. :frowning: :thumbsdown:

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
As promised I'd let you know this, for those who don't have a BB nearby: the latest batch of double feature MMs have started trickling in from DVDSoon. So they can indeed get them, somehow...

My local BB (Canada) has not got any of them yet, in fact the overall supply of any MMs is the lowest I've ever seen.

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
I found some copies of these in the flagship HMV and Sam the Record Man stores in Toronto.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I picked up "INVASION OF THE BEE GIRLS". Funny stuff!! :D :D What was even more amusing was that Nick Meyer of Star Trek fame wrote the screenplay for this film. I guess you have to start somewhere. :D :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks