What's new

Midnite Movies-Bestbuy Exclusives..which ones are you getting on Tuesday?? (1 Viewer)

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
A BB employee told me that every store will have these in their own section in order to show them off to whoever walks into the store. Apparently they are going to have a cardboard stand with all the titles there. This is just what I've heard but I'm not sure how true it is.

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
For my fellow canucks, if you don't have a Best Buy in your city (since they're just rolling them out across the country), check Future Shop. BB owns them and they will be carrying the double bills. I'll probably pick up a few of the double bills and ditch the single discs.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Sorry if this comes off a bit off topic but I've just gotta get this off my chest. I'd really like to know what studios think of us horror fans. It seems every major studio only releases horror titles around Halloween. I mean, do they think us horror fans don't buy anything throughout the rest of the year?

Warner did release JEKYLL AND HYDE in Jan. as well as three Hammer's in April. Universal also released a couple boxes but I've got so many titles to buy the next couple months and most are horror. Now, MGM is releasing around 20 titles on one day, which is just crazy to me. Why not break those 20 up into three months a year? A few years back they released the August batch with a previous batch in April and another in November.

Flooding the market like this isn't a good thing. Yeah, yeah, I can buy these at anytime but it's rather annoying these things are all being released together. Just as an example:

AUGUST 10

Bad Seed
Dead Ringer
Freaks
Village of the Damned

AUGUST 17

Chopping Mall
Stir of Echoes
+4 others by Lions Gate

AUGUST 24

20 Midnite Movies

SEPTEMBER 7

Alfred Hitchcock Collection
Alligator People
Boston Strangler
Dawn of the Dead box
Funhouse
Ghost Story
King Kong Lives
Night of the Living Dead
Sssssss
Terror Train

SEPTEMBER 14

Bug
I Married a Monster From Outer Space
Orca

SEPTEMBER 28

Christine
Creepshow 2
Incredibly Strange Creatures

OCTOBER 5

Fearless Vampire Killers
Friday the 13th
He Knows You're Alone
Hunger
It's Alive
It's Alive 2/3
Return of the Living Dead 2

OCTOBER 19

Creature from the Black Lagoon Legacy
Dracula (1979)
Ed Wood
Eyes Without a Face
Fire in the Sky
Invisible Man Legacy

OCTOBER 26

Happy Birthday to Me
Mark of the Devil
Night Train Murders
The Thing

These are on my "to buy" list but this list doesn't count several other bigger titles that I'm not interested in. Not to mention other titles from Blue Underground, Synapse, Anchor Bay and Shriek Show. Heck, there's even those triple-features from Troma.

Again, I wish they'd spread this stuff out. This list doesn't even include my "other" titles so I'm certainly going to need another job.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick

Here! Here! I agree. I have been posting requests for BURN WITCH BURN ever since that terrific movie was issued as part of the VHS Midnight Movie series. It was an American International release, was issued as an Orion laser disc in widescreen (1.75:1, with commentary by Richard Matheson and Janet Blair, alternate title sequence ("Night Of the Eagle") and a silly, over-the-top black-screen intro by Paul Frees.

WHERE IS THIS, MGM???

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

My thoughts exactly!

In addition to the drain on my wallet, when am I going to find time to watch all these?

Brian Thibodeau

Supporting Actor
Can one assume these double features will eventually be available on a wider basis?

I'd like to get them from Deep Discount or some such place down the road and save a bit more money (plus the tax).

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Ahhh, glad I read this thread.

When I saw the ad in the circular for the LAND/PEOPLE THAT TIME FORGET double feature, I went online to try and buy it, spending quite some time at Amazon searching for it. Couldn't find it.

Now I know why.

Will have to go to Best Buy next weekend.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Brian: You can always get them from DVDsoon and at least save the PST. They seem to price them the same as others have mentioned, ~US$10. I have no idea where DVDsoon is getting them...in fact I have no idea if they *will* get them, but I ordered 7 anyway and I'll mention if/when they come (or not). I'll also check the local BB in a few days, they weren't in the latest flyer though.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I've ordered quite a few online bacause I figured quantities would be limited in Store but I got a message today saying alot of them were backordered! So maybe I should have went to the store. So far I got Count Yorga and The land Time forgot.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
my BB had a ton of all of these yesterday.

it took me a while to figure out where some of them were, but even the 'lesser' titles were stocked 3 or 4 deep

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
didn't realize Nicholas Meyer wrote Invasion Of The Bee Girls.

i'll have to pick that one up now.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Stopped at my local BB today to pick up The Munsters and Abominable Dr. Phibes/Rises Again. Mine only had about 12-15 of the Midnite series and no Phibes:angry:

I am going to stop back tomorrow to pick a couple up and if there's no Phibes available someone at BB may just end up having a plague of locusts attack them in their sleep!

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Is there a site that lists the format of each film on each of the new double features? If not, is anybody willing to post the ARs of the ones they've checked out in person? Thanks.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Thanks Jack. I have been there a few times lately, and to the MM Yahoo group, but I was kinda looking for a capsule summary. One might have the crazy notion that the MGM site would have this info... It is unclear to me just what the format of each separate movie is, though I generally think I know for the ones that were released before (except as mentioned re How to Stuff...). Bear in mind I have ordered these online as I haven't seen them yet in the local BB, so was kinda wondering just what I'd be getting...

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
if you look under "New Midnite Movies Released as "Best Buy" Exclusives!" at dvddrive.com you'll see the formats and 16x9 status of each of the new films. They are 100% accurate. For any previously released titles I suggest looking them up on dvdmepire.com and taking a look at the specs of the back cover art.

good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks