1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Michigan's Leelanau Peninsula

Discussion in 'Photography' started by Scott Merryfield, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Scott Merryfield

Supporter

Last weekend we traveled around the Leelanau Peninsula, which is near Traverse City in northern Michigan. Here are a few shots.

Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Historic Fishtown in Leland, MI

[​IMG]

Northport Lighthouse:

[​IMG]

The Iris Farm in Traverse City, MI:

[​IMG]

Ockeghem likes this.
  2. Ockeghem

Ockeghem Ockeghem

Scott D. Atwell
    Scott,

Those pics are gorgeous. It's interesting that I've lived in Michigan since 1993 and have only been to Traverse City once. And it's only about 1.5 hours from where I live.

I love that pic of the Historic Fishtown. It reminds me very much of images from where I grew up (Cape Cod, Mass.).

3. Scott Merryfield

Supporter

Scott,

My parents live in Roscommon, which is a little over an hour from Traverse City, and we visit the area quite often when we are up there. I had not been to the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore or Northport in quite a few years, though, so it was a nice weekend trip. We stayed overnight in Sutton's Bay.

For those unfamiliar with Michigan, if you take out your Michigan map -- aka the back of your left hand ;) -- the Leelanau Peninsula would be the tip of your pinky finger.

Here are a couple more shots from Fishtown in Leland:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ockeghem likes this.