What's new

Michael Palin Travels on Bravo. (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Really cool program, I thoroughly enjoy his travel shows on PBS all through the years. What is it with British travel writers? Tim Moore, Bill Bryson, Michael Palin.. Seems like I cannot get enough of them! But I've enjoyed all of Palins previous travel shows (including all his Python stuff) and this one doesn't disappoint. Only one show last night around Timbuktu but looking forward to seeing the rest.

Just a pointer to other fans out there... Bravo channel, 7pm EST Sundays.

Jay

JayV

Supporting Actor
So is this a new one? It's not Pole to Pole or one of the others?

BTW, Bryson's one of ours. So are Tony Bourdain (A Cook's Tour) and P.J. O'Rourke (Holidays in Hell).

-j

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Yes, it's new. I believe he appears to be travelling on the series in the Sahara and eventually making his way around Africa. I haven't heard much about this series until I saw a promo last week so I made sure I PVR'ed it.

Bryson was born in the USA but emigrated to the UK when he met his wife and settled. I've read his "A Walk in the Woods" before and currently reading Tim Moore's "French Revolutions".

Jay

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
where is he traveling to on this one?
I found the pole to pole series on LD and love that one alot.

My wife met Mr Palin at a book signing a few years back.

She mentioned that on a New Years Day we watched him travel around the world from our bed. He actually got quite embarrassed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation199
Recent bookmarks