What's new

Miami Vice (2006)

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
Title: Miami Vice

Tagline: No Law. No Rules. No Order.

Genre: Action, Crime, Thriller

Director: Michael Mann

Cast: Jamie Foxx, Colin Farrell, Gong Li, Naomie Harris, Ciarán Hinds, Justin Theroux, Barry Shabaka Henley, Luis Tosar, John Ortiz, Elizabeth Rodriguez, Domenick Lombardozzi, Eddie Marsan, Isaach De Bankolé, John Hawkes, Tom Towles, Mario Ernesto Sánchez, Frankie J. Allison, Tony Curran, Stephan Jones, Rob Larson, Don Frye, Maxim Danilov, Pasha D. Lychnikoff, Ana Cristina Oliveira, Everlayn Borges, Juanita Billue, Patrick Michael Buckley, Marc Macaulay, Mike Pniewski, Vivienne Sendaydiego, Richard Katanga, Dexter Fletcher, Oleg Taktarov, Alexander Rafalski, Ilan Krigsfeld, Juliana Guedes, James Maurice Rowan Jr., Deborah Demere, Abdel Tornes, Maria Leon, Kenny Acevedo, Julia Yarbrough, Ryan M. Phillips, Amir Aviram, Julia Perevedentseva, Gilbert Quintana, Eboni Nichols, Donald Dowd, Paul Aldanée, Alexander Alonso, Jay Amor, Ryan Anthony, Chris Astoyan, Ashley Avis, Brad Batchelor, Eric Bendross, Arthur Bergman, Robert Berson, Tara Cardinal, Michelle Chin, Hailey Hansard, Stephane Kay, Claudine Oriol, Danny Pardo, Pablo Patlis, Nathan Russell, Taso N. Stavrakis, Lorenzo Toledo, Jon Tomlinson, Joe Vida, Breven Angaelica Warren, Wendy Wells-Gunkel, David Yuzuk, Julia Zgoda

Release: 2006-07-27

Runtime: 132

Plot: A case involving drug lords and murder in South Florida takes a personal turn for undercover detectives Sonny Crockett and Ricardo Tubbs. Unorthodox Crockett gets involved romantically with the Chinese-Cuban wife of a trafficker of arms and drugs, while Tubbs deals with an assault on those he loves.

http://www.miamivice.com/main.html
Holy Sh*t.
This is what Bad Boys II wanted to be.
Enjoy.
Regards,
Nathan
EDIT: Same Teaser available in astronomically better quality, courtesy of apple:
http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/miamivice/

Joel C

Screenwriter
I'm a little Jamie Foxxed out after last year, but I have to admit, this is a good-looking teaser. If it winds up half as good as Collateral, I'll be happy.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I couldn't get it to load completely...I get the first 10 seconds. Hopefully, it will be pretty good. When is it coming out? And does anyone know if any of the original cast will be making cameos?

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I was 100% uninterested and ambivalent to this, though I did like the show when I was a tweener kid in the 80's. Michael Mann and the look have sold me. Mann has a way of capturing the essence of a location with some choice shots.

Definitely on my 2006 list now,

Chuck

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Mann has a way of capturing the essence of a location with some choice shots.
I agree completely. Whether it be the frontier or L.A., Mann knows how to nail the setting. I always thought the real star of Collateral was L.A.

I also like how he uses gunshot sounds. They sound....real! The shootout in Heat is so powerful because the gunshots are so overwhelming to the senses, just like in real life. In Collateral, when shots are first fired, it's startling.

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve Felix
The shot of them in the car at the end is classic MV and classic Mann. I wish it wasn't trapped in Flash! (The .swf is easy to pull out of temporary internet files, though.)

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
I didn't really think it was that great of a teaser, but it's hard to judge with it so small. I'm just worried that some of the scenes looked just like Collateral, and I don't think that MV should have that same feeling. Is Mann using that same digital camera he used on collateral here? It looks like it.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I'm about 50/50 on the teaser. Sure, it has that Michael Mann vibe, in spades, but it is also supposed to be Miami Vice and I really don't get that feeling from the teaser at all. And a part of me wished they had revived a little of the original theme toward the end...

Timothy Alexander

Second Unit
I have faith this will be loads of kickass and cool.

First of all Michael Mann is all over it.

Second, Mann wrote and produced for the original series.

Joe D

Supporting Actor
Not too thrilled by the trailer, looks like every other action movie ever made. But, it's made by Mann so I'll see it.

Pete-D

Screenwriter
I'm not really feeling the trailer. It felt a bit sloppy to me and not "cool" enough.

Also Colin Farrell ... I just don't see him in that role at all and the trailer really didn't help dissuade me from that.

Also if they were going to use a Jay-Z track for the trailer, Jay-Z's remix of "You Belong To The City" should have been a no-brainer, not the Linkin Park version of "Encore".

To be dead honest I think it would have been much cooler if they set the movie in the 1980s. I think even the young teen demographic would have "bought" that angle as games like Grand Theft Auto have been very successful using the 80s setting and films like Scarface are still very popular.

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
That looks GREAT !!! I'm a huge fan of the original Miami Vice and I've had worries about this new film, but after seeing that trailer :emoji_thumbsup: I'm there.
I never expected a carbon copy of the original Miami Vice show but this looks amazing.
Also, there's a much easier way to get the trailer at:
http://www.bacardilive.com/

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
I agree that the shot of them riding in the car is classic MV. I really hope that he can use music as wisely as he did in the show. The use of Phil Collins and Genesis back in the was the cherry on top for me!

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member

Although it would have been cool I'm actually glad they didn't. With Mann behind the helm I've been hoping all along for an update to the series (ie ultra stylish cop story) without any temptations toward homage or parody of a property that would seem so ripe for it. That Universal and Mann restrained themselves from direct and indirect references in the teaser leaves me hopeful.

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams
Also if they were going to use a Jay-Z track for the trailer, Jay-Z's remix of "You Belong To The City" should have been a no-brainer, not the Linkin Park version of "Encore".
If they had did that, the rap haters would be up in arms, like they were after the Jarhead trailer.

That trailer looks A LOT like Bad Boys 2...deux.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Have they wrapped principle photography for this film? The reason I ask is because Colin Farrell just checked himself into rehab (painkiller addiction).

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Have they wrapped principle photography for this film? The reason I ask is because Colin Farrell just checked himself into rehab (painkiller addiction).
They said on the radio this morning that he was in Uruguay filming scenes from the Miami Vice movie.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Eh...it was okay. I love the series (have season one on DVD and season two on the way) and was hoping for a few more homage shots/sounds in the trailer.

But I do trust Michael Mann.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks