What's new

Michael Jackson has died!!! (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
For all of the ridicule, the response today from all corners highlights his impact as a musician and cultural icon. Somehow unfitting that one of the key musical icons of his time is felled by something as mundane as cardiac arrest at middle age.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Sad news, indeed. His recent missteps turned me off to him but I remember loving Thriller when it came out. Plus, I have the Jackson 5 greatest hits on my iPod and it gets listened to more often than I thought it would when I loaded it on. Some of those songs were part of my childhood.

BTW, am I the only one who can't get on cnn.com? Is everyone online reading about this? YouTube won't load all the way either and I've got FiOS 20/5.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Another shocking passing. That's three people in a couple of days. That number again. Three.

My memories of him go back to ca. 1969, when he was a child singing with his brothers in The Jackson Five. May he rest in peace.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Despite his troubles later on in life, I remember MJ as an immensely talented artist. I was mesmerized by his music growing up. I will always remember the "Thriller" album, but as much as I enjoyed it, "Off The Wall" was also a masterpiece. I wonder what Quincy Jones is feeling right now. That guy was as much a part of MJ in the studio as MJ was. Do yourself a favor and listen to "Thriller" with some quality headphones on...amazing. RIP MJ.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Havent posted in a while , but just wow , devastating. If anyone wants to hear thriller in great sound , get the 25th anniversary edition,it has even better remastered sound than the cd that came out 2002 .Although, I have to admit, itll be hard to listen to his cds for at least a year.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I remember nearing jumping out of my seat when seeing the Thriller video for the first time in the opening scene. "I'm not like other guys"

The days of looking like a complete fool when trying to do the Moonwalk. And thinking being bad was actually being cool, and singing that song a lot.

And I'll never forget watching Captain EO at Epcot in Disney World. I remember hearing the screams while waiting in line, when the announcer said "starring MIchael Jackson"

RIP, MJ.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member

I have the 2002 one. Sounds pretty damn good. You should see what the SACD of Thriller is going for one eBay right now. Unreal.

Marianne

Supporting Actor
The top 15 bestselling albums on Amazon are all Michael Jackson, and the wait time for all of them is 1-3 weeks. 7 of the top 10 DVDs are also Michael Jackson with the same wait time.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if Progressive Insurance will continue with their series of ads featuring the song "Somebody is Watching Me" by Rockwell. Michael sang backup on it and I believe he might have co-written it as well.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
US Weekly has an unfortunate and insulting
fashion police report on Michael in the back page
of the current issue.
Too bad.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I've had Off the Wall in my Amazon.com shopping cart for well over a year and always pushed it back...so I'm basically at the mercy of Thriller and the Number Ones compilation.

I might have to make a trek to some retailers to see if I can find a few more.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
And don't forget a scene in the upcoming movie Bruno will be cut out which has the scene with Bruno tricking Latoya and then asking for her Iphone and then searching through it and found Michael Jackson's number and says "Hey it's Michael's number. Let's call him right now."

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Backup. Heh heh! Saved the song completely more like.

I resisted the urge to pick up any MJ stuff at amazon. I very nearly bought the video collections. But I'm sure there will be a much better collection coming out in the near future. Those old videos are priceless and MJ did the best ones. Thriller kicked ass and still does.

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams

Go and get them. I've been slowly buying up the video collections since 2001. I just recently purchased the Dangerous short films DVD (which has a surprisingly good 5.1 mix...) completing the collection. Before I got it, I didn't know David Fincher did an MJ video, which was never shown in the States cause David had to use lookalikes to finish it, due to his tour schedule.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Reports are saying that Michael Jackson has nearly 100 songs all completed or mostly completed and just being saved. Can you imagine when they finally release those songs. Curious why he was saving all those songs.
Even though someone on the news said that a lot of artists do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks