What's new

Michael Bublé (1 Viewer)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Has anyone else listened to this guy? I discovered him when I saw the movie Down With Love and got the soundtrack. I've been listening to it nonstop the past week and he still has me thinking that I'm listening to Frank Sinatra. You can listen to his entire debut album online for free at his official website:

http://www.michaelbuble.com/home.php

More artists should follow this example. Aimee Mann did it with "Lost in Space" and got me to buy the album. It's very likely that I'll do the same with Bublé's debut album and every other album that he does this with, as long as they're all worth buying. :)

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
I heard his CD in the CD shop and bought, more for the wife as she's a Sinatra fan. Having heard it a fair bit, I'm more inclined to say he's the new Harry Connick Jr rather than Frank.

He's not bad, but still somehow doesn't quite measure up to Sinatra. Although he might in later years.

Jason Pancake

Stunt Coordinator
I command ye thread to riseth up.

Wow. Just heard this guy twice today on DirecTv's "Singers and Standards". Very impressive. Anyone own any of his CDs? Are there any SACDs or DVD-As of this guy?

Neil White

Supporting Actor
Another talented Canadian. I am very impressed with this young guy. I heard him for the first time on TV about a month ago. I then bought one of his CDs and ... well I like it a lot.

N

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
he has a new CD out tomorrow: 2/17/04...but I don't remember that title of it right now...

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Eric, the album that's being released tomorrow is just an import of his self-titled album. He does have a new album coming out on March 30th, titled "Come Fly With Me."

KDHM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kim Donald Houde-Martens
There were three albums before his self titled album, check out this site for a complete list of his recordings...http://www.michaelbuble.jazzyutopia....scography.html
I tend to like Babalu better then his self titled album

BABALU
1:. Spiderman Theme
2:. You Must Have Been A Beautiful Baby
3:. You'll Never Know
4:. Lazy River
5:. Oh Marie
6:. Can't Help Falling In Love
7:. Bill Bailey
8:. Buena Sera
9:. When You're Smiling
10:. What a Wonderful World
11:. Don't Get Around Much Anymore
12:. Mack The Knife
13:. La Vie en Rose (Instrumental)

RobertW

Supporting Actor
doesn't do a thing for me. my sister-in-law's mom had the self-titled at christmas, and was raving about him, but it just isn't my bag. covers the songs well enough, but just seems to be nothing else there, no real passion for the music, nothing that he brings of himself to it. just about gagged when i heard what he did to Moondance.

of course, this is coming from my post-punk/indy/alt-country bias, so i guess it's understandable that it''s not really my thing. truthfully, i'm more interested in hearing the new courtney love.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Kim, how did you get ahold of Babalu? I can't find it on eBay. Was it assigned to an independent label?

KDHM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kim Donald Houde-Martens
A friend burned me a copy of his, I think it was only released in Canada but I am not sure. Other then the web site I linked and some reviews on the web it seems that MB is not talking about it.
kd

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks