What's new

Michael Bay preparing a re-make of THE BIRDS...! (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

Henry was kidding. It should be obvious from his posting history that he isn't the typical Bay fan. In fact, my image would be of him peeing on Bay's career! At least, that's the impression that I get (as the Mighty Mighty Bosstones might say).

By the way, the link doesn't work. If you can still see it, post it in this thread. It will go into the HTF's cache and will be viewable for sure.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Well, the Van Sant version of Psycho didn't do anything did it? It went away pretty quickly, but that was a shot for shot remake. They should remember what happened there. I am not in favor of this, only because it won't be the same film anyway, so call it something else.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I don't know, I like the idea of finally being able to see a whole flock of birds flying towards camera in slow motion while being lit with a golden sheen (preferably a sunset) and Hans Zimmer's patented Michael Bay music blares on the soundtrack.

One less thing on my list of things to see before I die.

BTW, did I mention i'm all for this? ;)

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
This is a hilarious thread. Some real classic posts, especially the discussion of the word Bats.

In all seriousness though, one must wonder what it would be like if Bay attempted to film a good script. The man freely (and frequently) admits to the abysmal quality of his scripts, which apparently is why he came up with his visual style in the first place. On the Bad Boys commentary, he pontificates something to the effect of, "well, we realized the script was complete sh*t, so I tried to make up for it by doing this and this...," etc.

I have to admit, I have an unreasonable affection for his films- they're so gloriously bad, and yet so exquisitely photographed. The dichotomy is just too fascinating to pass up. As noted by someone else in the Transformers thread, the pleasures of watching a large robot urinate on John Turturro, or Jon Voight firing a shotgun in a dingy basement while also playing the secretary of state, are rare pleasures indeed. I call it "low art."

Probably what will happen though, is this will go through his production company, the one responsible for the things called texas chainsaw and amityville horror, and some new guy will direct a forgettable script. Much less interesting.

Regards,
Nathan

It's also worth noting how completely Van Sant's Psycho has vanished from the collective film-fan's radar. The only things people know about it are a)it's shot-for-shot, and b)it's a waste of time. Incidentally, I understand the only difference in the two films is the inclusion of a masturbation scene in Van Sant's version, which is unintentionally, hilariously perfect.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
That, and the goat and cloud imagery. At least, I thought there were goats. A quick search didn't turn up anything. But, the cut to the clouds during the murder is accurate.

Bay's excuse sounds a little convenient to me. "If only I had a good script to work with." Well, find one! With the money your films make, somebody would be willing to sell one to you.

Benovite

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gary
Says here that Bay will 'pump news blood into "Friday the 13th"'

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "Transformers" director Michael Bay is reviving the "Friday the 13th" franchise through his low-budget production company.

The remake of the original 1980 horror classic, which turned the villainous Jason into a cultural icon, is being produced for New Line Cinema by Bay's Platinum Dunes banner. Platinum Dunes was also behind the revival of "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" and "The Hitcher."

In the original "Friday the 13th," the serial killer made only a brief appearance in the final frames and never killed anyone. Jason didn't even don the famous mask until the third movie. The remake, however, will focus on Jason -- who will wear the mask and kill -- and keep the famous setting of Crystal Lake.

Damian Shannon and Mark Swift will write the script. They wrote 2003's "Freddy vs. Jason," the killer's last big-screen appearance. That film grossed more than $82 million domestically.

Looks like he's only producing.

Btw I thought Bumblebee pissing was one of the funniest if not the funniest things in the movie.

Edit:

funniest
things

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I remember it being a cow in the middle of the road. And in the second murder scene, he cuts to a topless woman wearing a mask.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks