What's new

MIB II: How Horrendous Was it? (1 Viewer)

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
I love the first MIB, and was very much looking forward to to MIB2. I pondered why it would be under 90 minutes-seemed so short. Now I know why.

The movie seemed like 2.5 hours to me. It was just not funny or inventive at all like the first one. Anything remotely funny was given away in the trailers and commercials.

IMO, rent it, and if you're a completist, buy it only if it goes $10 or less, which I suspect it will sooner than later.

Jonathan Burk

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Burk
It isn't "bad" like Battlefield Earth is "bad", it just kind of goes through you. When I read the thread's subject, I actually had to think about whether I had seen the movie. It is totally forgettable, and I can't imagine anyone seeing it twice.

I would recommend renting it first.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I'd have to say BE was better. The funniest part of MIB II was the short before the movie started.
Peace Out~:D

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I've seen worse films this year, but MIB II was perhaps the most forgettable and outright generic.
Anyone seen Josie and the Pussycats and remember that music mixing machine used for the final stage of production? well Men in Black II appears to have been run through it. It was tough for me to spot exactly where the forced commericials that my theater always pushes down my throat ended and where the movie started :thumbsdown:

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Men in Black II was pretty bad. I have definitely seen worse movies, however.

The first movie was much better.

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Ah, Josie and the Pussycats. That was a relatively cute movie. I'll have to remember to pick that one up on a sale, or on my next Columbia House run ...

Fred Mitchell

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I'm in the minority here but I was actually quite humored by the movie. This is the way I see it. MIB2 was weaker in plot than the first but, and like I said, I'm in the minority here, I found it funnier than the first. Frank the Pug is greatness

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Boring, boring, boring. I can only sit stone-faced for so long before drifting off to winkie-land, and this one bored a hole straight to snogginsville. Twice, in fact. Thankfully, the second time was on an airplane and I was hoping to get some sleep anyway.

Aaron Cohen

Second Unit
Everyone would tell me "MIB2 was terrible but the short before the movie was hilarious". I saw the film opening day and there was NO SHORT where I saw it. So in short, the film was the single worst moviegoing experience I have ever had. A truly terrible, terrible film with no redeeming qualities.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
If you liked the first, you'll like the second. It was just more of the same. And my theater wasn't showing any short before the film either.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
I know I'm in the minority here, but I certainly enjoyed it. It wasn't a great movie, or anywhere near as good as the first, but it was reasonably funny. I'd definitely recommend a rental first though, but I'll be getting it.

Jimmy M

Second Unit
I too liked it. It is what it is. I wasn't expecting a fantastic movie and I came away happy. Perhaps if I went into it with higher expectations I would have been disappointed, but as it is, I liked it and I'll be buying it.

Jimmy!

Bill_Moore

Grip
Not very good at all. As mentioned, not Battlefield Earth bad, but kind of crummy. It was so short, it's barely a movie. Even being under 90 minutes, about halfway through, my girlfriend and I were looking at our watches wondering when it would finally end. And that's for an 80-minute movie!

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
I thought it was a cute film, and David Cross was fun to watch as he usually is. Hardly a masterpiece of filmmaking, but I don't regret having seen it.

DJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks