What's new

MGM's Fireball 500/ Thunder Alley & Panic In Year Zero/ The Last Man On Earth (1 Viewer)

Mark Pytel

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pytel
I got my Panic in year zero, last man on earth today from Amazon.ca. It cost a little more than other sites, but at least it was actually in stock! It came really fast too. Amazon said that it shipped the 7th and would arrive between the 20th and may 7th due to customs. It arrived today. That is record time coming from canada! I am glad that I got it as I have wanted to see Last man in it's scope OAR.
-Mark

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
I received Panic and War-Gods from CinemaClock yesterday. The latter was sealed, brand new. But Panic was OPENED, slightly scuffed and the bottom of the cover was damaged.

Boy I am pissed. But I'm not eager to attempt a replacement as this disc is so rare now.

Has anyone ever used CinemaClock before? I know I'll never use them again...

Jason-D

Agent
I've got a new, sealed copy of Panic/Last Man listed for sale on ebay right now with an opening bid of $14.99 US. in case anyone is interested. My id is foggybottom3 and I have a feedback score of over 350.

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Jack,

I bought Panic from CinemaClock and mine was sealed. I don't like the way they have no way to call and check on orders or a readily available e-mail route. And paying $14.95 (Canadian) for FedEx ground shipment is a bit too much. Did you pay that too? At the time I was desperate to get a copy and thought I lucked out finding them but have since found copies for under $9 US with free shipping at CDPlus.com

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Well, I have no problem waiting until the DVD eventually gets released and I'm not about to cough up good money for such a "rarity" on e-bay. I'll make do with my double feature laser disc with pristine wide screen transfers of Panic and Last Man until a DVD comes along.

Jason-D

Agent
My opening price is about the same as MSRP, if it sells for this price I won't even break even. I didn't say anything about this being "rare". I am not a speculator, I just happen to have an extra copy of this. Nice widescreen transfers here too and you won't need a 100 pound piece of hardware to play it. There is also a featurette on "Last Man" where Matheson discusses the writing of the screenplay.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I was not disssing you, Jason, and I apologize if it came across that way. It was a generic swipe at the whole e-bay mentality.

No Matheson featurette on the laser discs but both films have isolated music and effects tracks which I suspect aren't on the DVD.

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
OK guys. Wasn't this thread title Fireball 500/Thunder Alley as well as Panic and Last Man?

I am still waiting on someone to respond about their copy of Fireball 500..., if anyone besides myself, is getting one and if so, what the quality is on them?

Eric

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
DVD Savant, in his review for Panic/Last Man states:

These titles are bound to show up at some point in all U.S. stores/sites, but it will take a few months, no doubt. My advice is: Wait, don't do something stupid like pay $50 on Ebay, as quite a few people did for Universal's notorious Duel DVD.

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
If anyone is interested I found six copies of Panic In Year Zero/ Last Man On Earth and five of Fireball 500/ Thunder Alley up here. That is of 5:30 PM PST. I don't think they ship outside of Canada but if someone would like further information please email me. I have already helped out Mark with a copy - it cost him 14.00 U.S. including shipping airmail. Only the desperate need apply! :)

Al (alweho)

Second Unit
Eric wrote: I just wanted to thank Eric for noting that.

I ordered both the Fireball and Panic double feature discs through CDPlus on the day the above was posted. I just got Fireball via airmail, along with an e-mail notification that Panic was just sent out to me today.

For those who expressed some concerns, Fireball was new/factory sealed and indistinguishable from any of the other MGM Midnite Movie double features I've bought before from Best Buy.

There was no shipping fee for a total cost of $8.45 US each disc (and a .45 foreign exchange fee from my bank). It made this quite a deal since not only did I save a buck off list, but there was no sales tax. And CDPlus even threw in a little freebie TV/PC screen brush with their logo on it. (I still couldn't believe how much Amazon.ca was charging to ship, which almost doubled the price.)

Finally my Frankie & Annette collection is complete! :) I'd been heartbroken since the Best Buy release was canceled - who knows when these titles are going to ship under Sony.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Well I went up to Toronto this wekend and picked them all up!!!
I have not looked at them yet though.
I have another trip there next weekend. Perhaps I should pick up a few more.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks