What's new

mgm part 3 (1 Viewer)

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
Atlantic: HE'S MY BROTHER , SMURFS AND THE MAGIC FLUTE , CADDIE , THE IRISHMAN , BOARDING SCHOOL, GETTING OF WISDOM, THE ODD JOB , ONCE IN PARIS , BOARDWALK(NOV), I SENT A LETTER TO MY LOVE , MADAME ROSE , BY DESIGN , APHRODITE , TALK TO ME , VAMPING , CITY LIMITS , SYOOGEMANIA , HOME IS WHERE THE HART IS , GOBOTS , MODERN GIRLS , WILD THING , TIGERS TALE Thorn/rank: RENTADICK(NOV) , DEADLY STRANGERS , WILD GEESE 2 , DEALERS , WELCOME HOME, MISADVENTURES OF MR WILT ABC: HOW DO I LOVE THEE? , 300 YEAR WEEKEND , THE TOUCH , ONE DAY IN THE LIFE OF IVAN DENISOVICH , JENNY , SONG OF NORWAY ,MASTERMIND UA Classics: THE WEAVERS , TICKET TO HEAVEN , KIPPERBANG , GABRIELLA (NFx') ,GREY FOX , SUNDAY IN THE COUNTRY , GIRL WITH RED HAIR (NOV) , NOTHING LASTS FOREVER (NOV), KAOS , SYLVIA, KAMIKAZE 89 , JUST A GIGOLO, HOME MOVIES , FABIAN (NOV) Orion Classics: SCRUBBERS , MACARTHURS CHILDREN , STRANGERS KISS , HENRY IV , LOOSE CONNECTIONS , RITA SUE AND BOB TOO, RESTLESS NATIVES , ONE WOMAN OR TWO , END OF THE LINE Orion/Fways: SCANDALOUS ,BAY BOY , NUTCRACKER , MALONE , THE IN CROWD , SPEED ZONE, EARTHLING ,(NF) , FULL MOON HIGH , WITHOUT WARNING (NOV) Embassy: THE SOLDIER, CHICKEN CHRONICLES , BALLAD OF GREGORIO CORTEZ , HYSTERICAL , GET CRAZY , PARADISE , HOG WILD , WITCHES BREW , DEATH WATCH, MELODY, GOODBYE PEOPLE , CRIMEWAVE Nelson: WHITE MISCHIEF , A TIME OF DESTINY , DARK AGE , EMANON, HUNTERS BLOOD Castle Rock: WELCOME HOME

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
Louis Letizia said:
Atlantic: HE'S MY BROTHER , SMURFS AND THE MAGIC FLUTE , CADDIE , THE IRISHMAN , BOARDING SCHOOL, GETTING OF WISDOM, THE ODD JOB , ONCE IN PARIS , BOARDWALK(NOV), I SENT A LETTER TO MY LOVE , MADAME ROSE , BY DESIGN , APHRODITE , TALK TO ME , VAMPING , CITY LIMITS , SYOOGEMANIA , HOME IS WHERE THE HART IS , GOBOTS , MODERN GIRLS , WILD THING , TIGERS TALE Thorn/rank: RENTADICK(NOV) , DEADLY STRANGERS , WILD GEESE 2 , DEALERS , WELCOME HOME, MISADVENTURES OF MR WILT ABC: HOW DO I LOVE THEE? , 300 YEAR WEEKEND , THE TOUCH , ONE DAY IN THE LIFE OF IVAN DENISOVICH , JENNY , SONG OF NORWAY ,MASTERMIND UA Classics: THE WEAVERS , TICKET TO HEAVEN , KIPPERBANG , GABRIELLA (NFx') ,GREY FOX , SUNDAY IN THE COUNTRY , GIRL WITH RED HAIR (NOV) , NOTHING LASTS FOREVER (NOV), KAOS , SYLVIA, KAMIKAZE 89 , JUST A GIGOLO, HOME MOVIES , FABIAN (NOV) Orion Classics: SCRUBBERS , MACARTHURS CHILDREN , STRANGERS KISS , HENRY IV , LOOSE CONNECTIONS , RITA SUE AND BOB TOO, RESTLESS NATIVES , ONE WOMAN OR TWO , END OF THE LINE Orion/Fways: SCANDALOUS ,BAY BOY , NUTCRACKER , MALONE , THE IN CROWD , SPEED ZONE, EARTHLING ,(NF) , FULL MOON HIGH , WITHOUT WARNING (NOV) Embassy: THE SOLDIER, CHICKEN CHRONICLES , BALLAD OF GREGORIO CORTEZ , HYSTERICAL , GET CRAZY , PARADISE , HOG WILD , WITCHES BREW , DEATH WATCH, MELODY, GOODBYE PEOPLE , CRIMEWAVE Nelson: WHITE MISCHIEF , A TIME OF DESTINY , DARK AGE , EMANON, HUNTERS BLOOD Castle Rock: WELCOME HOME
There are non-US DVDs of PARADISE, THE SOLDIER, and TICKET TO HEAVEN. I would guess that at least some of the titles listed under Orion Classics are no longer controlled by MGM. Same for UA Classics. NOTHING LASTS FOREVER is controlled by Warner Bros.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Out of the list posted in the starter post, am interested in the following titles:

Deadly Strangers (1976)

Strangers Kiss (1983)

Witches' Brew (1980)

Death Watch (1980)

Hunter's Blood (1986).

Rita, Sue and Bob Too! (1987) is still available on Region 2 from Film 4/Channel 4.

codereddvd

Auditioning
Real Name
bill olsen
Louis Letizia said:
Many of those Atlantic titles and UA classics are pick=up and other people holds the rights RESTLESS NATIVES is on dvd, and most likely sold 400 copies for MGM. DEALERS are out on Plantinum dvd. TICKET TO HEAVEN was out on simitar, PARADISE is out on jef films and selling very well, HYSTERICAL was out of Image. some good titles and many of them most likely will not sell at the going market on forgotten films. Titles like EMANON to GOODVBYE PEOPLE to ONCE IN PARIS will sell no more than 200 copies since the request of these films are tiny.

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
I agree. Many of these films did poorly on vhs-with some never even reaching that format. Except for a coupla the Embassy titles-none of these films seem marketable in a pressed dvd universe but perhaps can if MGM can call in their MOD Squad for an obscure, depressing , poorly received 1978 film like UNCLE JOE SHANNON-maybe these orphand deserve a shot . Personally I'd like to see BOARDWALK -which as you correctly pointed out may not even be owned by MGM - see the light of day. It was very underrated and remains the quirky , cult actress Linda Manz' only unreleased film (although she had only a small role in it). PARADISE is on JEF -but is this legit? I always had my doubts about them , Cheezy, Wham! and Platinum. PARADISE was on MGM vhs-so I'm sure they still own it. DE ATHWATCH has been getting play -with the MGM logo-alot on the cable channels lately. Thanks for the input. Code Red has been doing an outstanding job rescuing these films -i commend your company for bringing back some of the movies i thought would be forgotten forever.

codereddvd

Auditioning
Real Name
bill olsen
Louis Letizia said:
Personally I'd like to see BOARDWALK -which as you correctly pointed out may not even be owned by MGM - see the light of day. It was very underrated and remains the quirky , cult actress Linda Manz' only unreleased film (although she had only a small role in it). PARADISE is on JEF -but is this legit? I always had my doubts about them , Cheezy, Wham! and Platinum. PARADISE was on MGM vhs-so I'm sure they still own it. DEATHWATCH has been getting play -with the MGM logo-alot on the cable channels lately. Thanks for the input. Code Red has been doing an outstanding job rescuing these films -i commend your company for bringing back some of the movies i thought would be forgotten forever.
BOARDWALK was slow and only highlight was Lee killed the bad guy in the end. The subplot with the singing grandchild was bad. Jef films is a bootleg outfit but loved by many buyers. WORKING GIRLS and TERMINAL ISLAND out sold mine. ): I am afraid the title I release will be lost forever as I barely have buyers. An old Magnetic video tape had more buyer than some of my recent title. Don't be suprised in 2012 many code red title will be a rare find. look at David Durston last dvd effort STIGMA, only sold 397 copies. I don't think a old Meda tape have that low sales ranking.

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
Louis Letizia said:
Personally I'd like to see BOARDWALK -which as you correctly pointed out may not even be owned by MGM - see the light of day. It was very underrated and remains the quirky , cult actress Linda Manz' only unreleased film (although she had only a small role in it).
While programming for an international film festival a few years ago, I was approached via email by the writer / director of BOARDWALK, who was trying to get the film into festivals nearly 30 years after its original release. Apparently, he had just gotten control of the picture, I imagine, after some degree of litigation with the previous (original?) rights holder and / or waiting for original contracts / agreements to lapse. I don't have the email anymore, unfortunately, but I recall he was still pretty miffed about how the film was originally handled and exhibited. Like a lot of the pictures you've mentioned this was an independent production that wouldn't appear to have any connection anymore to its original distributor, in this case, Atlantic.

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
That was interesting info. While I do not think it deserves festival exposure , it still had its charms. If BOARDWALK proved one thng it was that Ruth Gordon was capable of giving a subdued, warm performance without resorting to caricature. I liked the quietness of the movie-and Janet Leigh gave a nice performance. The cinematography was glowing and the story involving. If does deserve to be seen-i'd take instant streaming also.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks