What's new

MGM Midnite Movies: Poe/Tomb also, Thistle hill media (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I'm hoping this is the correct forum. Forgive me if it isn't.

I've done my October horror movie shopping months early. One title I wanted has been difficult to find at a good price because it's out of print.

An Evening With Edgar Allen Poe/Tomb of Ligeia. The MGM Midnite Movie double feature release from 5 or so years back.

[url=https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/5/53/htf_imgcache_33785.jpeg] [/url]

I was wondering if anyone knows if this particular title will get a release before October is over with. I noticed a few are being listed at online stores for release early Sept.

Also, I noticed a company called Thistle Hill Media is selling these on ebay. Anyone know if they are a bootleg company? If not, anyone know how the quality is?

At this point I'm prepared to wait on MGM. It sucks because I won one on ebay for about $11 shipped and it never came. They told me "lost in the mail". I was thinking more like "accidentally listed for $4 + grossly inflated shipping amount". So I ordered Chopping Mall from the seller instead. Hardly a replacement but I'm an idiot. :laugh:

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
This would be the wrong area. You're not posting a deal/bargain. I love the Midnite Movies series so I thought I would check this thread out lol.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Oops. I hope it gets moved for me.... they have the power to do that.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

I love em too. I'm sad I didn't buy them all up at once. Things going oop seems useless and it really sucks. Definitely not a bargain at the current prices.

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
I can make this a true bargain thread, by posting that oldies.com is advertising it for $6.98.

Midnite Movies Double Feature: The Tomb of Ligeia (1965) / An Evening With Edgar Allan Poe (1970) - Horror Classic Movies on DVD Starring Vicent Price & Elizabeth Shepard; Directed by Roger Corman & Ken Johnson; MGM Home Entertainment : OLDIES.com

They have other titles in the series listed at that price too (as well as the MGM Bergman Set for $29.95). Posters on other forums have reported problems with some of the titles being out of stock, but at that price and considering its limited avaialbility, I'd give it a shot. I have ordered from them in the past with no problems and I figure the worst that could happen is they tell you it's out of stock and refund your money. Good luck!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Thanks Bob! I just ordered one. I'll post here if it actually ships.

I noticed a lot of clips of Vincent Price "Evening with..." on youtube. I really didn't want to watch it that way though. I certainly didn't want to watch my EP recorded VHS of Ligeia. So to quote Willy Wonka: The suspense is killing me. :D

BTW, in my original post, I meant that I ordered Chopping Mall as a replacement. So it should be fun having that and this too, if I actually get it.

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
Wash my car? James, dirt is the only thing that's holding it together.

Seriously, though, I'm really glad it worked out for you. I know how hard it can be to track down an out of print disc. And finding it for less than half of its original retail price is just icing on the cake.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I really thought that one was a goner until a re-release. But this will be great fun in October.

Oh, and this actually turned out to be the RIGHT thread afterall. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks