What's new

Metroid Prime sequel at E3! (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Man. As if I wasn't already satisfied with my GameCube, they have to start showing off this stuff.

You know, if they can crank out really good games within a 2-year development period, what CAN'T they do?

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I'm wondering if it'll be an ad with no new game footage, or if it'll be a good amount of new game footage. Metroid Prime was an excellent surprise. A follow up is most welcome. I'm too impatient though. I'd love to have it by Christmas.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
ANY game footage is new game footage.
Unless of course it's snippets from Metroid Prime. I should have been more clear. Nintendo knows they are under a lot of pressure to show their cards at E3, so I think they'll provide something nice for Metroid, but you never know.

They ought to blow everyone away next month. It's serious make-or-break time.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't know why they'd bother remaking Metroid II, but it shouldn't really matter. Give me the same gameplay as the first (with new twists, of course) with new environments and capabilites, and they can graft whatever story they want onto it.

Adam Nixon

Second Unit
I'd love to see a larger game with more planets. I didn't have any problem with Prime, I just wanted more of it.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I remember reading a while ago that they wanted to try to include some sort of multiplayer mode in the new Metroid game.

I'm betting it's an all-new adventure.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I'm not trying to make fun of you, but why the hell would they show snippets of MP if they're trying to push the sequel?
At this point nobody really knows how far along MP2 is. It is entirely possible that they don't have anything to show off. Like early movie trailers for sequels, sometimes game trailers are just snippets or castoffs from the old game, with a nice logo for the new game. It's a way to get people excited and tell them it's coming before you are ready to show your wares.

I'm not saying it's unlikely that Nintendo has anything new to share with us, it's just possible that they don't.

I'm glad they are showing anything at all. I'd be thrilled if it were playable and ready for going gold, but that isn't going to happen. I suspect it will be playable at E3 2004, and out Christmas 2004.

I'm hoping they announce the Wind Waker sequel at E3 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks