What's new

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I've read that sentiment a lot. I think its ok to support MGSV because it sends a message about the quality of the game and who made it, but going forward I'm just not going to support anything else Konami makes. Which is going to be easy since they've decided to stop making games I enjoy.

If there are future MGS games, they won't have Kojima involved. So I will DEFINITELY not be buying those.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
This game is awesome. Just a delight to play (doing this one on PS4), and utterly batshit-crazy to boot, at times. A few of the story missions surprise you with that epic Metal Gear cinematic gameplay. I'm feeling very good about the way things are heading. This is the most engrossed I've been with a big new game in a while. The story certainly goes places I didn't expect -- even base-management becomes tense.

After many side-ops and farting around, I'm powering through some story missions; Mission 21 now. I know having some really finicky-awkward shit you have to do exactly a certain way or die instantly is a staple of the MGS series, but man, these Ghost-parts are killing me. Oh well. Maybe the point is to make the player so relieved after, they are fired up to do even more side-ops. Besides these parts, I'm still absolutely loving it, though.

(There's a hilarious conversation about a certain book you can overhear between guards. I think I heard it between Russian guards at an outpost near Heavy Infantry Mission 2, but maybe you can hear it at any Russian outpost.)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Also, I finally got to see the "Dirty Snake" cutscene where you return to Mother Base after many missions of no showering, and flies are visible on you in the AAC. I had seen the default version before in one of the trailer videos, but this time there was an unexpected twist. Never change, Kojima-san.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Kojima may never change, but he's being fired from Konami and this is probably his last MGS game ever, so...

I'm only like Mission 8 or so and have done all the Side Ops I could to this point. Loving the game but have so little time to actually play it.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
joshEH said:
Also, I finally got to see the "Dirty Snake" cutscene where you return to Mother Base after many missions of no showering, and flies are visible on you in the AAC. I had seen the default version before in one of the trailer videos, but this time there was an unexpected twist. Never change, Kojima-san.

You are giving me disturbing flashbacks to Shenmue.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I've been really busy the last few weeks and haven't gotten a lot of play time. Currently hovering between 55-60 hours and 43% overall completion. I've done 24 missions, 80 side ops, and still love this game. I honestly wish there was LESS content.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
1462281845058111272.gif

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
As I prepare for my cardiologist appointment, the thought comes to mind that "phantom pain" is taking on a whole new meaning these days. . .

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Still going strong with this, but haven't had as much time to play as I'd hoped. This is one of the extremely few games where I'm actually trying to get the Platinum. About 100 hours so far, 65% through, up to mission 35 or so (mission numbers get weird near the end), 115/157 side ops complete, and around halfway done developing a nuke. Trying to get S-rank and all objectives complete on all of the missions I've done before moving on with the story, button up some more side ops, and probably try to track down some rare animals. I've capped my GMP (I've started collecting precious metals pretty quickly, which sell for a LOT) and there's basically one or two things keeping me from being able to develop all of the remaining items/weapons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks