What's new

Metal Gear Solid 3 (1 Viewer)

Brian_Pete

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the extra info. I've decided to keep the game. I just can't wait to get into the storyline. It sounds like this is the best one yet.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Any word on the "Substance" version making it to Xbox? If not, then this is a bit of a slap in the face for anyone who bought the game the first time around. Double dipping on a $20 DVD is one thing, but on a $60 game? I suppose it makes sense to raise the profile of a game that might have been lost in the Christmas shuffle last year-hopefully the game at least gets dropped to "greatest hits" price as well.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I'm doubting an X-Box version. The online play would mean adapting the stuff they developed to work on the PS2, which would be too much time.

In fact, I remember reading that Kojima wanted to keep this on PS2 because his team is working on some things in Subsistence that will be expanded on or used in MGS4, such as online play, and they already developed and researched the technology for the PS2 during MGS3's development.

MGS2: Substance came out for $30 or $40, I believe (US Dollars). I'm guessing Subsistence will be $40 at the most. They already made a good amount of money on 3 (it sold better than you'd think) so I doubt they'd want to make people pay for the full thing again. I got the game the moment it came out and I'm heavily considering the same for Subsistence.

Brian_Pete

Stunt Coordinator
I just finished the game the other night. I thought it was great. I thought it was one of the best stories I've experienced in a videogame. Two complaints:

1) Intentional or not the camera sucks. I'm looking forward to the adjustable camera in Subsistance so that I can get a better view of the game. I just started Psychonauts which has an adjustable camera and now I can see why Metal Gear really needs this upgrade.

2) I wish the game were available in widescreen. I'm sick of all these games putting the cinematics in widescreen but the game in full. Pick one or the other. If you want your game to look cinematic keep the game and cut scenes in the same aspect ratio.

Other than that I love it I can't wait for Subsitance.

BrionL

Stunt Coordinator
I'll only buy it if it comes out for Xbox or Xbox 360. I bought MGS2 for the Xbox and I like it. It would be a mistake not to release more MGS games for the Xbox.

Brion

Brian_Pete

Stunt Coordinator
I forgot to mention this in my post above but did anyone think that Eva looked a little like Liquid Snake?

I thought maybe they were hinting that Solid and Liquid were created using Boss and Eva's DNA but they said nothing about it.

Maybe I'm crazy but I thought they had similar facial features.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks