What's new

Merged Thread: Warner 2004 SE catalogue releases for Region 2 and possibly Region 1 too! (1 Viewer)

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
One can only hope that this list means that Chariots of Fire will be released prior to June of 2004. One of my most anticipated titles; I certainly wish that they would get on with re-releasing this title.

- Walter.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
So, how is WB's track record for R2 releases and then R1 follow-up releases. Good news about many of these titles, though the one that I had not preivously heard about that I thought was lost in "little interest hell," was Tony Scott's The Hunger which has my favorite lesbian vampire seduction of all time (with much thanks to Susan Sarandon for insisting that her character not be drunk because one wouldn't have to be to want to bed Catherine Deneuve).

Let's hope these titles get released here within a similar time window.

:)

Mark

JulianK

Supporting Actor
I believe Chariots of Fire is owned by Fox in the UK, so it wouldn't have appeared on that list, even if it was being worked on.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
I'm all over Goodfellas, but what's wrong with the current (most recent) version of Blazing Saddles? I also understand that Heat's been out for awhile and is a pretty bare bones DVD, but does it really need a new version?

Shane_Anthony

Stunt Coordinator
Oh, I agree completely! Maybe I missed something, but are DTS soundtracks expected on these releases?

Let's hope so!..It's only a rumour at this point

I thaught Mann's direction was brilliant they way he juggled mutiple storylines and everyones acting was oustanding. Even Val Kilmer :D

I don't know why this film was not a bigger hit than it was when it came out

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
I would love a new SE of "Shawshank Redemption". The current release is sorely missing special features and the transfer is not the greatest. This movie deserves better!

FrankXS

Second Unit
Does anyone have any idea about the titles planned for the Errol Flynn box set which is rumored for October from Warner ? Also what titles are expected from the Marx Brothers box set that is rumored for June ? Other than the MGM titles such as Night At the Opera and At the Circus etc, could we possibly see Room Service which was an RKO title from the late 30's ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks