What's new

Merged Thread: LOTR: ROTK - Theatrical & EE Release Dates? & DVD Features (1 Viewer)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean

No. Minias Tirith alone is the piece in the gift set. For those who are interested, they are making Minas Morgul as a companion piece that you can buy separately, but only if you buy the Gift set.

I'd imagine that Minas Morgul will cost around $80ish?

Greg*go

Supporting Actor

After this purchase, you will no longer have a book shelf, but a LOTR shelf. Those clever bastards are trying to make everyones top bookshelf into a big LOTR ad. I actually don't have the Argonath bookends. This past Christmas my girlfriend gave me a nice little LOTR Trilogy book with Bilbo and Gandalf on each side of the door at Bilbo's crib as book ends.

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
I thought the Gollum statue was part of the gift box set last year. I remember seeing him in there.

Kami

Screenwriter
Smeagol was a part of last year's set. Gollum was the companion.

Another announcement folks!

The fifth bonus DVD this year is.................

Howard Shore "Creating the Lord of the Rings Symphony" DVD!!!

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
Thanks for clearing up the confusion Kami.

And even more thanks for showing us those sweet pics.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
What's up with the rotating/removable base to the Minas Tirith minature? Are you supposed to put DVD's in there? Doubles as an ashtray?

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
Answer: Do whatever you want with them. :D

If it was Mount Doom, you could put a ring in there.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
That's really f'in cool. I bought the first two gift sets, but this one blows the first two away. I'll also probably get the Minas Morgul companion piece, even though I passed on Gollum last year. Hmm, wonder what it would cost for me to fix that? Way to much I'm sure. I also need to see if I can get replacement Argonath bookends, the hands on mine broke off. :frowning:

DavidBL

Stunt Coordinator
I passed on the bookends and the Nat'l Geo DVD...

I passed on Gollum and "Making of the Gollum Statue"...

... but I don't think I'll be able to pass on this one. Coolest statue, coolest "5th" DVD IMO. And my wife always says I can't think of things to ask for for Christmas. Add this to the list for me! :)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Wow! Perfect collectable, and perfect bonus DVD. A no brainer for sure.

Look at the 2nd pic in Kami's post. Is it just me, or is that the White Tree in the middle of the green area on the top level??

Oh yeah, I sure hope MT is easier to get out of the box than Smeagol was!! :D

Kami

Screenwriter
Craig, the White Tree is indeed there. This thing is super detailed. Now if they really want to blow us away there should be microscopic people walking around. :laugh:

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
I was secretly hoping the fifth DVD would be a bloopers DVD, but after seeing the LOTR Symphony in June, the fifth disc to this is like a gift from god. If it has any of the performances in 5.1, I am in heaven. And the sculpture this year looks amazing too. BRAVO!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks