What's new

Merged Thread: LOTR: ROTK - Theatrical & EE Release Dates? & DVD Features (1 Viewer)

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
My slipcase finally arrived in the mail. I was surprised that the inside of the box wasn't filled with packing material to prevent it from being crushed. As a result, my slipcase was slightly squished. Fortunately, the EEs fit inside the slipcase, and it looks great.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Ditto. My box arrived a few days ago.

My Lord of the Rings DVD collection now looks quite lovely and my geekdom quotient has earned +2 experience points.

Tom Koegel

Stunt Coordinator
Those who haven't received their slipcases, do not despair. Mine arrived in San Francisco only today, February 8. Apparently it takes a long time for "standard mail" to make it from Grand Rapids, MI, to the left coast. No postmark date on the box, so I can't say when it actually shipped.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
How nice is that slip case? Is it worth getting? ROTK EE was definantly worth the wait. The DTS track is awsum and after hearing it I doubt I will ever listen to the standard DD track again. The added sences added what was missing before in certain sences. This trilogy is defantly my preciousss. My widescreen DTS precioussssss :D :D

The only bad thing is I only have a Yamaha 995 that is 5.1 so I can not decode the full 6.1 :frowning:

Tom Koegel

Stunt Coordinator
Dave,

The slipcase is exactly the same style and quality as the slipcases for each of the three EEs themselves. It's a funny kind of neutral color so as not to clash with the green, brown/red, and blue of the three EEs, and made of the same cardboard material. It is shipped, already assembled, in a cardboard shipping box just large enough to fit it. It looks nice--for anyone who owns all three, I would think that ordering it would be a no brainer--unless you just like to have the three EEs floating separately.

Tom

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I think mine came today but I wasn't home so I got a note for pickup. Did your's come from Grand Rapids, Michigan?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks