What's new

Merged Thread for all problem-related issues with TTT:EE ext. ed. (1 Viewer)

RobertW

Supporting Actor
i went on a shopping trip with my mom today, and was able to check out a lot of the gift boxes in two stores, fye and best buy. there's a big difference between the finishes of the smeagol figures, it's like many of them missed a stage in the painting process. i compared two in fye, and one of them has much more detailing and shading in the colors and textures of his skin, almost like fish scales colored in muddy gray tones. the other one looked more like the one i got in my box set, just pretty much all pale salmon flesh color. all the ones i looked at in best buy looked like this also.

i'm a bit disappointed that my figure seems to be lacking the finer finish details that some others have. like i said, it's like it missed a step in the painting process.

Hans M.

Stunt Coordinator
All this talk about preserving the packages. But what if you can't even watch disk 3 and 4? I too have a Zenith player and the same problems as two other members ahve mentioned. I got the set on-line at Overstock. They charge restocking fees for returns and who knows if another copy will make these discs work!

Will the studio fix these disks in future releases? Will they offer us replacement disks? how do I get in touch with someone at the studio who will help me with this. I apprecaite your help. :)

Nick Delgado

Auditioning
I posted the same thing quite a while ago, and haven't had a reply... I use a AIWA XD-DV370 and both "Appendices" discs do not play. I have tried 4 different sets of discs. Some from WAMO and some with the "Made in Germany" stamp. The same problem with all.

I can't even find a customer service number for New Line anywhere. Would appreciate any help...

Geoffrey_A

Second Unit
Has anyone had trouble with the layer change on disc 2? I find that on my Panasonic 5 disc progressive scan player it hangs up at the layer change (right after Aragorn welcomes Haldir to Helm's Deep). It works fine on my regular sony player, but it kind of irks me that on my progressive player hooked up to the widescreen, I can only get through 3 quarters of the movie :frowning:

RobertW

Supporting Actor
my rp-72 doesn't hang up, but it does pause for a couple of seconds at the layer change on both discs.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Has anyone gotten a Gollum statue recently? I ordered mine from the sideshow website the day after Christmas, and it's still "processing." I guess it's because it's backordered, but I'm curious to see if anyone else has gotten theirs.

Watching the Gollum DVD showed that they were all hand painted. I guess that'd be why they're out of stock, huh?

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Yes, mine came two weeks ago. The Smeagol Gollum is still sitting in the Box of the Platinum Box Set, but I think I just figured out how to get it out without damaging the box. Will give it a thorough look later.

Cees

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Thanks. According to Weta, they'll be shipping Gollum within the next 30 days. It's also interesting to note that Gollum is now sold out, so if you didn't redeem your code yet, it's too late.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Apparently, the European warehouse started to ship earlier.

My 'fancy' method to get Gollum from the Platinum Set Box without damaging the box, won't work.

(from sideshowtoys' site)

Noticing the plastic tape around the foam, I hoped it would be between the glue and the foam, so carefully separating it from above (I have some specialized instruments for that) would enable one to bring out the statue through the upper lid (leaving the plastic inside). But it isn't true and the tape cannot be reached from above. Oh, well.

Cees

Dave Simpson

Second Unit
I previously watched the movie-only edition of FOTR several months ago on my 27", 5.1 set-up, and I thought it was okay (never read the books; likely never will). Watched the movie-only version of TTT the other week on my new FP set-up. Wow!! I bought the extended editions of each the other day from Future Shop in Ajax. The paper slid off with no difficulty on FOTR. The paper on the TTT box left a real, and unaccepatable, mess. A quick call to Melissa McGee (who has previously, and cheerfully, swapped my Spy Game and BTTF discs), at my local Universal Studios office (here in Canada, Universal distributes Alliance-Atlantis titles for the home market. Alliance distributes New Line titles theatrically in Canada. New Line is a sub of Warner Brothers, and WB has their own offices in the Toronto area. This doesn't make a lick of sense to me, but it's my understanding of the arrangement), had a replacement box in the mail to me within a day. Received it today, and I'm pleased as punch with the fine customer service. Nothing bad to say at all here. Thanks, Melissa!
Cheers.

DS.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks