What's new

Merged Thread for all problem-related issues with TTT:EE ext. ed. (1 Viewer)

David M.

Agent
The glue came off the back side easily... no mess. The side with the gollum dvd details is leaving alot of paper stuck to the left side of the box.

Rob T

Screenwriter
I got it off fairly well, but on the top some of the paper from the sheet tore off. I got most of that off (thanks to a product called goo gone) but I think little specs of the case came off when I was cleaning it up and theres still some noticeable residue from the glue left on the top that I can't get off. Dammit. :frowning:

Darren Haycock

Second Unit
Getting Smeagol out of the box was insane. I'm glad they attached him so firmly so prevent damage, but sheesh, I didn't want to destroy the box or the foam. Luckily I didn't, just kinda worked with it for awhile and wedged him out of there. I found the culprit at the end, all that glue holding the foam to the box, bah!

Gary Harris

Stunt Coordinator
Mine is attached with some type of permanent glue that lifted the cardboard on the box beneath it. No way it will come off & the box is ruined anyway. Its going back tomorrow.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Well, I went through the "removing Smeagol from the box" ordeal this morning. I went in from the bottom (thanks to those that suggested it) and managed to get it out with only a couple of small tears in the bottom flaps.

Did anyone else get the impression that they REALLY didn't want us to take Smeagol out of the box?? ;) I'm almost afraid to think what they'll come up with next year!!
Is anyone else keeping the box or am I just being anal-retentive?
I'm keeping my box, as I did the FotR gift set box. I plan to eventually set up a display with all my LotR stuff in my HT.

Hello, my name is Craig, I am a LotR addict...

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
Uggg I had problems with the paper on the back of mine as well. A lot of windex later it came off but I damaged the back a little bit by scratching to hard :frowning:.

Oh well as long as the spine is fine it doesnt bother me.

Steve Lockwood

Stunt Coordinator
Who was the asshat that created this box!!! I couldn't go through the bottom because it was glued to the foam that Smeagol is attached too!

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Mine was glued up the ying yang, and no matter how careful I was, it ripped the crap out of the box and paper. I'll be asking for a return tomorrow.

One or two little dabs of rubber cement are sufficient to hold that in place. Mine was bathed in it. For the up charge for the box, this is unacceptable.

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Mine was glued pretty damn good too! :angry:

Not rubber cement, but permanent glue. I did some damage to the box getting it off. Wonder if e-mailing Alliance would yield any results. I'd like to have it replaced. This is unacceptable.

Ben Malcolm

Auditioning
I just bought the Canadian version of LOTR the Two Towers, which lets me play the first 2 discs fine on my Zenith XBV243C player, but when I try to play discs 3 and 4 they will not load up at all. Instead I see the chapter numbers on my player jumping back and forth between 01 and 02. BTW, all the discs play fine on my DVD rom in my computer. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, or is it just my crappy DVD player? These are the first DVDs that I have ever had any problems playing. Thanks!

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i got the canadian version and it plays fine on my pioneer dv-333 (all 4 discs)

Clay-F

Stunt Coordinator
I had a few jumpy spots on both discs. I read on IGN that at least one other person has reported it.

I expect a pause on the layer change, but these jumps were more like someone smacked the dvd player.

So a few player conflicts could exist, but I guess thats always the cause.....

I'll have to watch it again and see if its just time to clean my player, or if its a consistent thing.

Johnny Jr.

Stunt Coordinator
The back of my box had rubber cement but the side was covered in a tougher glue. Luckily I tried the windex and everything came off without damage to the box. I haven't tried removing the Gollum Statue yet. By removing it from the bottom is everyone generally ripping apart the bottom? I can't tell if the statue is glued to the bottom but, I also don't want to destroy the bottom of the box. If anyone finds out about possible replacement boxes in Canada please post!! I will then glady tear out the gollum statue :)

I guess keeping the box makes me anal too! :P

Geoffrey_A

Second Unit
Mine was glued really harshly. I spent a good 45 minutes trying to remove the paper, but still ended up messing the box up. Then there was removing gollum. He was glued to the bottom of the box, so there was no way to remove him by opening the bottom, and it's impossible to get him out from the top. In the end I had to destroy the box to remove Gollum. Mark me down as extremely disappointed in the way this set was packaged. Didn't have this trouble with FOTR: EE.

Ben.. have you been spying on me?

I had the exact same problem on my roommates Zenith player. I couldn't test it on mine as it was loaned indefinatly to my mother. :) But it worked fine on my PC and I've watched most of the extras sitting at my PC. Not the most comfortable way to enjoy it but entertaining none the less.

- Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks