What's new

MEMENTO: LIMITED EDITION discussion thread (for menu-navigation and ALL other issues) (1 Viewer)

Is the audio commentary supposed to run backwards near the end of the movie? Mine works fine up until the last 15 minutes and then the commentary starts running backwards. Has anyone else experienced this?

Douglas Bailey

Second Unit
Real Name
Douglas Bailey
Is the audio commentary supposed to run backwards near the end of the movie? Mine works fine up until the last 15 minutes and then the commentary starts running backwards. Has anyone else experienced this?
Don't worry, Derrick: your disc isn't defective. It is indeed supposed to do that. See Link Removed on my site for more details.
doug

Craig Sherman

Stunt Coordinator
Greetings, all,
This is my first posting to the HTF, although I have become a regular at DVDtalk, posting as BasiaMille. My Memento/Toshiba woes are documented there in the thread, "Well, now what?"
In a nutshell:
- Have Toshiba SD-2150, build date Aug. 2000.
- Got Memento, same chronological problem, plays about 30 mins in b&w, then jumps to Teddy's appearance in color.
- Upgraded firmware from 2.000 to 2.500 at Toshiba authorized shop. Checked with Tosh, that's the latest for my model and build date.
- Memento still didn't work. Took it back to the store, exchanged first copy (orange paperclip) for a new one (blue paperclip). Still didn't work.
- Spun wheels trying to get a CTHV phone number, finally got 1-800-860-2878. Left two messages, got a call at work yesterday. They wanted to be sure the problem was strictly with the chronological edit on disc two. I told him yes, although I haven't even tried disc one.
-Waiting to hear back from CTHV, confident that my player is as functional as Toshiba can make it, and that, as CTHV has told me, there are no new pressings of the disc that I should look for.
Quite the saga. Has anyone gotten further than I have? It isn't as widespread as the Monty Python and the Holy Grail debacle, it would seem. Still, I'd love to hear from those of you, John CW and RobertSing, for example, with whatever suggestions or words of encouragement you can offer.
Stay Tuned,
CS

Bob Partovi

Stunt Coordinator
How to fix the Glitch manually on your Toshiba:

If your DVDplayer supports stop/restart from the same position function use it every time it freezes up. That's how I watched the chronological version in its entirety. Just wait till the movie completely freezes and press stop then play.

Craig Sherman

Stunt Coordinator
I will try this.

If it works, I will be happy to have some sort of stopgap solution. I am still dissatisfied with CTHV's apathy on the matter.

Back on my meds,

CS

John CW

Supporting Actor
Yes, let me know how you get on Craig! I STILL haven't been able to watch it :frowning:
~ Johhn

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks