What's new

Megaforce Baby!!!! (1 Viewer)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Godawful Hal Needham dreck (he made nothing but :) ). Ended Persis Khambatta's hopes for a movie career.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
If this came out R1 I'd pick it up! I havn't seen it since it played on pay TV in the 80's, so I can still BS myself into thinking that it is really cool, and anyone who pans it is a jerk!
I know I'm in denial, but I just friggin loved this show when I was a kid! It's impossible to find at our local video stores, so hopefully it well get a full blown SE release on DVD. (It could be the 1st DVD with an apology for a commentary track!:D )

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
I can understand the question "Where would Burt Reynolds be without Hooper, Smokey & the Bandit (though I'd really have to throw "The Longest Yard" and "Deliverance" in there) . . .

. . .but the rest of the question, "Cannonball Run and Stroker Ace" pretty much answers the question . . . because of movies like Cannonball Run (II, at least) and Stroker Ace, Burt Reynolds career is exactly where it is now . . . Direct-to-Video Crappola!!!

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
. . .but the rest of the question, "Cannonball Run and Stroker Ace" pretty much answers the question.
Cannonball Run is one of the top 25 greatest comedies ever. Smokey And The Bandit top 50. Not bad for a so-called schlockmeister (though Body Slam is one of the absolute WORST pieces of garbage I've ever seen). (IMHO)

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
"Cannonball Run and Stroker Ace" pretty much answers the question . . . because of movies like Cannonball Run (II, at least) and Stroker Ace, Burt Reynolds career is exactly where it is now . . . Direct-to-Video Crappola!!!
Not quite because these films were popular. People paid money to see them in theatres. It was when he stopped working for Needham and made some really bad choices that he dropped out of sight for a while. MALONE, HEAT, that Liza Minelli one, those made the Needham films look like classics.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
C'mon, "Cannonball Run" is a lot of fun. I still enjoy it to this day.

As for the DVD, it looks like it is all region as well. I wonder where we can get it...

Jason

Greg_C_T

Second Unit
Wow, I saw the first 30 minutes of this movie back in the 5th grade and loved it then. For years after that I remember wanting to finish it off, but could never find it. Now 20 years later I can have closure! :)
I seem to remember the music was really cool. I'm guessing I'll be somewhat disappointed there...

BradD

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brad
I remember watching this movie on HBO as a child. Wasn't there something real "techy" about the skin of those vehicles? changed colors, stopped bullets, or something?

Leroy

Second Unit
megaforce5.jpg

megaforce4.jpg

Totally sweet video clip!!
http://www.badmovies.org/multimedia/...megaforce1.mpg

Brian

Stunt Coordinator
Wow. I don't know how I've managed to miss this movie all these years, but after that clip, I HAVE to see this.
Hopefully it will show up on HDNet Movies soon. ;)
-B

DougFND

Stunt Coordinator
I can't believe this thread came up today! I was just thinking of this yesterday!

I distinctly remember 1982 and three must-see movies from that year. Now, remember that I was only 11.

Star Trek II

Rocky III

Megaforce

I saw the first two, but never got to see Megaforce. I can't believe I can finally close out that year!

Rick Salt

Grip
I remember this being around but i don't think i could bring myself to watch this. But i do remember liking the title song at the time but probably won't like it too much now. A little useless trivia for you, anyone remember the name of the band that did the song. And for a bonus question who did a remake of that song but with different word's i believe called calling out to you.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
They advertised this flick pretty heavily on the back of comics. I always wanted to see it, but never got to. I don't know that I'd purchase it blind, but I'd sure as heck give it a rental. A movie with that many explosions has got to be at least a little fun.

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
Have a Trashy Triple Feature day and watch:
Megaforce
Battle Beyond the Stars and
Gymkata
all in the same day

TommyT

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom
Ahhhhhh, Megaforce! When I was a young'un 20 yrs ago, this was the coolest thing ever! :D Haven't seen this one in at least 7 yrs, that's the last time I remember it being on late night tv. My favorite part in that video clip is where those 2 rockets fly off wildly. The contrails are hilarious!
Anyone remember Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn about a year after this one? Even [rant]cheesier!!![/rant]
Other cheeseball 80s flicks:
The Sword & the Sorcerer (1982)
Krull (1983)
Buckaroo Banzai (1983)
Runaway (1984)
Cat's Eye (1985)
Enemy Mine (1985)
Lifeforce (1985)
Rambo (1985)
The Toxic Avenger (1985)
Shoot to Killl (1988)
Deep Star Six (1989)
Leviathan (1989)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks