What's new

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Bob Furmanek said:
Happy 2014 from Julie Adams and the 3-D Film Archive.

Watch for DRAGONFLY SQUADRON, THE BUBBLE* and 3-D RARITIES fully restored from master 35mm elements on 3-D Blu-ray in 2014!

attachicon.gif
543934_390156284406301_557014261_n.jpg

*Please note: THE BUBBLE is not to be confused with UNDER THE DOME.

That's great news! Will The Bubble be 112 or 94 minutes?

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
It's the short version. The preview version no longer survives, the camera negative was cut.

We have the final shooting script which I hope to include as an extra.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Thanks, Todd.

Unfortunately, nobody will touch EL CORAZON Y LA ESPADA. We may eventually try a Kickstarter campaign for that one.
Corazon2.jpgweb.jpg

Sword-one-sheet.jpgweb.jpg

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Bob Furmanek said:

Oh, don't worry, I'm of that generation who saw Star Wars in a theater, and knows The Fantastic Invasion of Planet Earth when he sees it... :blink:

But nice to see these titles finally going commercial--Between this and TT jumping into the early Columbias, we'll finally have a few more Golden Ages for the collectors...Will it be available through Amazon?

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Oh yes, we're going to address THE MASK later this year once our first three releases (THE BUBBLE, DRAGONFLY SQUADRON and TREASURES FROM THE ARCHIVE) are finished and delivered.

One of the things that is most important in our work is to go directly to the source (industry trade journals and studio production files) to get the facts and clear up the myths. For instance, we've been trying for many years to eliminate the myth about anaglyph 3-D in the 1950's and have finally turned a corner in that regard. http://www.3dfilmarchive.com/home/top-10-3-d-myths

I've noticed nearly every review of the new MAN IN THE DARK Blu-ray claims that it was filmed in eleven days. I don't know the source of that quote, but it's not true.

It took less than five minutes for me to check our files and determine that MITD went before the cameras on February 25, 1953 and wrapped on March 18. Not counting Sundays, my count shows nineteen days of filming. They spent six days alone working on location at the Ocean Park Pier in Santa Monica. http://thenativelatourist.com/2011/05/then-now-santa-monicas-ocean-park-pier-2/

Please feel free to link to this post if you find any other sites repeating the eleven day myth. Thank you!

Man-Fort-web.jpg

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Bob Furmanek said:
Happy 2014 from Julie Adams and the 3-D Film Archive.

Watch for DRAGONFLY SQUADRON, THE BUBBLE* and 3-D RARITIES fully restored from master 35mm elements on 3-D Blu-ray in 2014!

attachicon.gif
543934_390156284406301_557014261_n.jpg

the most important question I will ask all day, who is going to be distributing this on disc, and when is the pre-order going to be available :D

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
Came across this in the Feb 1953 edition of Picturegoer magazine.
Here's some interesting Film plus a Cast announcement that changed somewhat and some advice that probably rang true.

news3d.jpg
news3d2.jpg

Doug.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
So, Ten Commandments and The Robe were originally going to be excuses for making big-studio 3D, but everyone rushed to the "new miracle" of more immersive and colorful bigger-screen format because too many small-town audiences were whining about having to wear glasses?

...Good thing nothing like that happens today. :rolleyes:

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Hi Bob,
Just wanted to say I finally got a copy of Dial M for Murder in 3D. The first thing that really grabbed me is the incredible spatial depth! It looked exactly like the kind of 3D image we got from a View Master as kids. Modern 3D films look absolutely anemic by comparison. The main titles popped out right into the middle of my living room! I can't wait to get House of Wax next.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
I agree Mark, you'll be VERY pleased with HOUSE OF WAX and THE BUBBLE too.

People were raving about how great the depth was on a newer title. I rarely buy something sight unseen but happened to come across the title in Best Buy and made the purchase. When I watched it, I had to take off my glasses several times to see if there was even a double-image. The 3-D was terribly minimized throughout the entire film.

You certainly don't have those issues with Golden Age titles.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Bob Furmanek said:
I agree Mark, you'll be VERY pleased with HOUSE OF WAX and THE BUBBLE too.

People were raving about how great the depth was on a newer title. I rarely buy something sight unseen but happened to come across the title in Best Buy and made the purchase. When I watched it, I had to take off my glasses several times to see if there was even a double-image. The 3-D was terribly minimized throughout the entire film.

You certainly don't have those issues with Golden Age titles.
Can you name the film. ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks