What's new

Media Room and Whole Home Audio Control (1 Viewer)

JacobD550

Auditioning
Real Name
Jacob Davis
Hello All,

I am currently in the process of building a new house. The house is going to have a media room pre-wired for 7.1 surround sound. Also the Master Bedroom, Family Room, Patio, and Game rooms will all be pre-wired for 2 audio speakers each. The pre-wired audio speakers will be run to the media room. Because all of the wires are running to the media room I want this to be my main hub for my whole home audio system.

What I am wanting to do is have the reciever in my media room be the main hub for my whole home audio while still being the main driver for my media room. I have heard there are receivers that can be controled wirelessly over a home network using a smart phone or a tablet app. Specifically iPhones and iPads would be doing the controling.

Is there a way to be able to control all my zones of whole home audio independently and wirelessly? Is this clear what I am wanting to do? What equipment would I need with my media room receiver to be able to control my zones independently and wirelessly?

Thanks,
Jacob

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam

JacobD550

Auditioning
Real Name
Jacob Davis
Thanks for the links Sam.

I did a little more research this week and I have found what I believe to be my solution.

I am thinking of getting a HTD Lync6 system to drive my six zones of audio independently and wirelessly. Then getting one of Pioneer's new 7.2 receivers with airplay. This will give me the remote controlability while still keeping the media room its own island.

The one thing I dont like about this solution is I will have to have two apps to control my whole home audio (1 for lync 6 and 1 for pioneer). I would use the Lync 6 to power the speakers and select zones/sources. Then I would use the pioneer receiver as my source to stream my itunes library, pandora, spotify, and radio striaght from my phone/tablet.

Does this sound like a good approach or is there a more simple solution I am missing?

Thanks,
Jacob

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I have no personal experience with HTD Lync...But yes, unless you have the AVR itself powering the zones...you'll have separate app controls.There are ways around it...but how much more cash are you wanting to throw around to simplify it even further?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks