1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

McLintock

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by L BENDER, Sep 4, 2008.

1. L BENDER

L BENDER Agent

I just finished watching this John Wayne film from 1963 and all I can say is that this is one of the best transfers I have ever seen. Colors and sharpness are outstanding. No restoration needed here.Also check out True Grit, another great transfer in the John Wayne collection.

2. Billy Batson

Billy Batson Screenwriter

Alan
    I have to echo that. This transfer looks perfection, every shot just as it should be. If only every film looked as good.

A lot of old Paramount films look so good, I don't think they get the praise they deserve.

3. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    If I'm not mistaken, I thought McLintock was restored some years ago.

Crawdaddy

4. Radioman970

Radioman970 Lead Actor

James Perry
    Do we need to rebuy True Grit?

FRom DVD Verdict: "Apparently a new transfer that was struck for this new release of True Grit, and not being too familiar with the source material, this 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen transfer looks more soft than anything else. The picture just doesn't stand out too much and there's not a lot of depth to it. " They don't compare the new with the old. [​IMG]

From DVD Talk: " The True Grit: Special Collector's Edition sports an improved widescreen, enhanced for 16x9 TVs transfer, correcting the tendency to shift to red that occurs in the previous 2000 DVD release. Looking as if it was shot yesterday, grain is non-existent; overall, the True Grit: Special Collector's Edition is a big improvement over the previous DVD release." That's more like it. I'm in!