What's new

mccloud season 3 and 4 (1 Viewer)

whats taklng so long for seasons 3 and 4 of mccloud to get released in the US because they have it relased in denmark or in danish

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I recently started watching this as the whole series is on Amazon Prime. I always wanted to get this on dvd. Apparently, the sales of the first U.S. release were poor. After watching some of the series, I can understand why. On the US DVD, after the pilot, the next 3 episodes are 3 extended shows sliced together from two original 50 minute episodes. These episodes are really deadly. Back in the day, Universal could get away with that for local stations or channel flippers. To sit down and try to watch it straight through is not pleasant, and I like the show. Anyone know where to get a complete run of the Madman seasons? Season 4 and 5 are widely available, but the others, especially 6 and 7 seem nonexistant.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
the whole series is on Amazon Prime.
Thanks for that info Ray, as I was not aware that the entire run of McCloud is on Prime. I'll check it out soon!
Anyone know where to get a complete run of the Madman seasons? Season 4 and 5 are widely available, but the others, especially 6 and 7 seem nonexistant.
Ray, the Madman R4 DVD season sets for McCloud haven't been easily had from Amazon for a number of years now. For awhile after that, they were available from some marketplace dealers at insane prices, but even those seem to have mostly disappeared. Although it might pay off to keep checking Amazon, Ebay and other sites for them. But a complete run of the Madman sets for all 7 seasons would really add up to a monstrous price tag now.

I stupidly missed out on getting most of the Madman season sets. I only have the excellent Madman S4 and S6 sets, to go along with my Universal R1 set of seasons 1 and 2, with the abomination of the 'theatrical' stitch togethers of multiple episodes from season 1...last time I checked (about 3-4 years ago) when seasons 3, 4 and 6 were still available from Amazon marketplace dealers, they were going for out of your skull prices...I saw one guy thought he could get $700 for one set!

The big mystery is why the rest of McCloud hasn't been licensed to a company like VEI for region one? The series would be a natural for VEI considering their success in licensing many 1970s Universal TV releases. I've never been able to get an answer, presuming there is some unknown 'rights' issue.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
The big mystery is why the rest of McCloud hasn't been licensed to a company like VEI for region one? The series would be a natural for VEI considering their success in licensing many 1970s Universal TV releases. I've never been able to get an answer, presuming there is some unknown 'rights' issue.
What shows have they licensed from Universal? Everything I've seen that they put out came from CBS.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I bought all 7 seasons directly from Madman years ago. They were about $65.00 each (and that didn't include shipping) so they were pricey from the start. I got rid of my US Seasons 1 & 2 set since I got the Madman releases. The Madman season 1 set is great. I much prefer the original 50 minute versions of the season 1 episodes. They make much more sense and are not as choppy.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Not a fan of the show so I only bought the corrected season one from Madman and then I have a lot of the run recorded uncut from CBS Late Night.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
VEI released The Snoop Sisters and McMillan & Wife, both NBC Mystery Movie stablemates of McCloud, and both licensed from Universal.

VEI also released the original Equalizer (with Edward Woodward).

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Not a fan of the show so I only bought the corrected season one from Madman and then I have a lot of the run recorded uncut from CBS Late Night.
I'm not a huge fan of the show either but I really wanted all three of the original NBC Sunday Mystery Movie shows so I got them. Of the three originals, I much prefer McMillan and Wife over Columbo and McCloud.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Coming soon from VEI...

McCloud - The Complete Series

I didn't get the Madman sets when I should have years ago, thinking at the time that maybe there was still a possibility of a complete Region 1 release someday. By the time I gave up on that idea, most of those sets were unavailable or going for insane prices on ebay. While it's not my favorite of the NBC Mystery Movie shows, it's still fun for occasional viewing. So I will gladly order this once it's available.

McCloud_3d_400x.png

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Coming soon from VEI...

I didn't get the Madman sets when I should have years ago, thinking at the time that maybe there was still a possibility of a complete Region 1 release someday. By the time I gave up on that idea, most of those sets were unavailable or going for insane prices on ebay. While it's not my favorite of the NBC Mystery Movie shows, it's still fun for occasional viewing. So I will gladly order this once it's available.

McCloud_3d_400x.png
Thanks for the heads-up! I own digital copies from the original Universal releases. Love the series and the remastering is perfection. Hope VEI doesn't f**k it up by packing too many episodes per disc.

Did you look at the stuff that's on sale? Some of it is so cheap it's almost as if they're paying you to take it away!

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Coming soon from VEI...

Fantastic news, Dave - thanks a bunch for the heads-up! Randall a.k.a Flashgear (who posted further upthread about this very possibility) will be very excited about this.

Last edited:

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall

McCloud_3d_400x.png
Thanks for this wonderfully unexpected news! The price seems right for getting the whole series (with the season one Four-in-One rotational episodes intact as aired in 1970, as opposed to the cobbled together theatrical compilations on the Universal R1 release) and the 1989 reunion TV movie with Patrick Macnee, David McCallum and Robert Beatty (I just received Network's R2 set of Dial 999!)...you're left to wonder why this took so long, as in years ago? I'm certain that VEI would have wanted to get this out well in advance of Christmas, had they been able to...but obviously, with everything going on this year delaying replication it's still a question as to when I'll have this set in my filthy paws...but I'll order this today!

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
VEI?

Ugh. Had to be them.

Temper your excitement, don't expect the set to have complete episodes or be worth a damn, and if everything works out acknowledge you've seen a miracle, because VEI is the bottom of the bottom of the barrel for any type of release.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
VEI?

Ugh. Had to be them.

Temper your excitement, don't expect the set to have complete episodes or be worth a damn, and if everything works out acknowledge you've seen a miracle, because VEI is the bottom of the bottom of the barrel for any type of release.
I have to admit, I had the same reaction reading that news.

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
I have Cannon, Barnaby Jones, The Mod Squad and McMillan and Wife from VEI.
I would say that I am thankful VEI has released them even if all the series could look a lot better and in the case of Barnaby Jones the episodes should not be cut!
However, I don’t think VEI should be blamed for this. They can only release what the Studios— Paramount and Universal give them. They can’t afford the costs of remastering the shows.
But Paramount and Universal can afford the costs!!! They just will not do it!
Since Paramount and Universal are not gonna do it you either get what you can from VEI or you end up not having the entire series at all. Paramount and Universal are the ones responsible for the disappointing DVDS of the shows!
Same thing applies to Mill Creek.
They only able to do what Universal or Sony allows them.
Based on Mill Creek’s reputation, again not being their fault since they not the owner, I am so glad Kolchak The Night Stalker was released on Blu Ray By Kino Lorber and not Mill Creek!!!
Kolchak looks great on Blu Ray!

Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks