1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Maya

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by younger1968, Aug 7, 2014.

1. younger1968

younger1968 Well-Known Member

paul young
    I notice a post today that Maya is being released by WB via their on-demand program. I did some research on Maya, but was not able to find much information on the premise of the show other that it was based on elephant and ran for only 18 episodes. I welcome input on this show to see if it is worth buying down road after it has been released.

2. Richard V

Richard V Well-Known Member

Richard
    My opinion is: Save your money. From what I remember of the show, it was very boring, and poorly conceived. Two teenage boys, one being Jay "Dennis the Menace" North, riding around India on an elephant, looking for North's supposedly dead father. IMHO: Yawn.

3. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Well-Known Member

It was based on the Widescreen movie of the same title with Clint Walker and Jay North. Warner Archive has released the movie. The movie was pretty good but I have not seen the TV show but it looks to be along the lines of Daktari.

4. Jack P

Jack P Well-Known Member

That makes three shows by my count that are on the on-demand program that have yet to be released by Warner Archive, joining "McLain's Law" and "Jericho" (the 60s WW2 show).

5. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Well-Known Member

According to TVSHOWSONDVD this is a DVD release through WA and not a Streaming release. It shows a release date of 8/18/14 and price of $39.99 and a picture of the front cover. Although curiously it is not up on the WA pre-order page yet.

6. Jack P

Jack P Well-Known Member

Thanks for the correction, I missed the announcement there.

7. Ian K McLachlan

Ian K McLachlan Well-Known Member

I have never heard of this show but it sounds interesting. I would like someone to release Cowboy in Africa too.

8. Neil Brock

Neil Brock Well-Known Member

Well, there's an audience for everything. To me, Maya, Cowboy in Africa and Daktari were about 3 of the most unwatchable shows of the 60s. Still, glad to see it being released as any half season failed show releases are a good thing.

Richard V likes this.
  9. rjd0309

rjd0309 Well-Known Member

Robert
    Neil, your comment made me laugh.

I loved Daktari as a child, but when I rented the recent dvd release, I thought, "What dreck!"