What's new

May have to return my newly acquired Pioneer speakers due to size. Need advice on smaller ones. (1 Viewer)

raehza

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
Got the CLR in today. Haven't gotten a chance to Calibrate everything yet but it sounds MUCH better than the 1k series. The 2002 is GIANT compared to the 1k. I will post pictures tomorrow probably. One downside to the CLRs is the "cover grill" its got. It looks very cheap and isn't a strong material like normal speaker grills. I thought that it was just a removal cover and it would reveal a stylish speaker behind it but the speakers don't look attractive without the cover. You can see the glue and other non-pleasant looking hardware of the speaker. Ray

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
"Also, this may be a bit off topic, but why get 3 Way speakers and Centers with integrated Subs etc. when you set them to small speakers anyways, thus making the internal Subs useless?" I'm assuming you mean a full size tower speaker with an integrated powered subwoofer like the Polk LSi25. There are a few people who feel music sounds better without a seperate subwoofer. They like all the sound to come from the two channels the recording was mixed in without any processing or crossover involved. For those who do speaker companies try and build a "full range" speaker, usually for the fronts. The bass in music is usually much more active but not nearly as deep (in most cases) than with tv and movies. Also, some feel all speakers should be "full range" with the sub only being used for the LFE channel which is usually added/mixed into the movies soundtrack and not part of the original soundtrack. DTS used to suggest all speakers be full range in the 5.1 surround mix, especially for music. A full range center speaker is a real stretch. The cabinet can't possibly be large enough for it, but then again, I bet Robert_J could come close as anyone to building one! Also, you've spent what, $1200-$1500 on the 5 speakers (no doubt they're better than the $399 Pioneers) and $200 on the sub? I bet you do need an SVS or HSU by now.

raehza

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
Yeah, I've been looking at the SVS but they are way out of my price range. And if I told you what size room I'll be using these speakers for, you'll be laughing at me. I will make a little sketch to show you. Will post in it a min. Ray

raehza

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
Uploaded with ImageShack.us As you can see, I'll be using a small portion of the room for the set up. I think my current speakers are already overkill for the size of the room. The sub I currently use may well be good neough for the room but I am not sure. I'd love to get a SVS but the PB12 is going for 700 odd dollars. Ray EDIT: There is a bed below the Window too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks